Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, healthy week!

• Just a thought
    For me there is always the rainbow beyond the hill. (Daisy Bates)

Daisy Bates (1859-1951) Irish-Australian author, journalist, welfare worker & lifelong student of Aboriginal culture.

• Evening all:

SunnyKate:  Yes, I saw that video too and thought it very sweet.....

Lindybird:  The new dog - his name is Ozzie - is for my daughter and is now happily ensconced in his new home.  :-)

Don't ask what I did today......oh, I remember, got a plumbing part for toilet in OH's bathroom and shorter soaker hose for the tangerine tree.  Toddled down to the beach late this afternoon for a breath of ocean air, then home to BBQ for dinner.  

Take care everyone/

• Good Morning. Sunny again...... most unusual for this time of year, it's normally changeable.

OG - The tree is a pretty shape because when it was only half that size, the farmer went right around the field with his hedge cutting machine and took the tops off everything except for the fully grown ones! So it bushed out into several branches instead of being taller. My OH says that it was a good thing!

Very interesting about the lady, Daisy Bates, who took on the welfare of the indigenous people. What a life she had, too!!!!

Annette, Hope your daughter and her family have many happy years with Ozzie. We want pictures!!

• AQ/LINDY - Yes, I also read about her life while sitting in bed drinking my morning coffee - nearly dropped the cup as I was reading....
  • My OH has been out to go and fetch home his extendable ladders: he had about three things to do, all of which needed him to climb upwards, and including looking at a blocked gutter. He had lent them out to someone doing some decorating, but that was weeks ago and the ladders were still there....... I could tell it was annoying and frustrating him, so I suggested a diplomatic phone call. Two minutes later he got the car out. Twenty minutes later he was unpacking the ladders and was up them looking at the conservatory roof!

All done without any breaking of the social distancing :-)
  • It's bright again, here, but there's a bit of a wind blowing. Having a bit of a sit down before going out to do some gardening.

Thought you might like this:

• A bit cloudy out there today, but we have been indoors catching up with a few things. Also been admiring all that has been done out there already!

LINDA - thanks for the explanation of the shape of the Ash Tree - that sort of thing really interests me. I hope you don't have a problem on the conservatory roof! Liked the Masked Trump - OH says they also need to silence his fingers to stop him tweeting!

Spoke to Dau#2 last evening - their second wedding anniversary (2nd marriage). They broke distancing rules to rescue man next door when he fell and his wife couldn't hear him calling - he was okay, just couldn't get himself up with Parkinson's and a shoulder problem.
  • Lindybird:  Haha!  Saw that before - my only comment is that the duct tape isn't covering the nose too.   And I like OG's suggestion to include the fingers, though if we include the nose, we may not need to bother with them.   :-))

OG:  Daughter's neighbor was lucky they heard him.  My sister fell in their kitchen last year and was on the floor for an hour because her OH, who's hard of hearing, was down the bottom of the garden and didn't hear her - because he wasn't wearing his hearing aid!!.  Set of a major kerfuffle with their two kids, who delivered all kinds of lectures to their parents.  :-(

Tree people are coming this morning to do some work on the orange tree, which is way too high for me to get the fruit, even with the extendable thingy I use. They're also going to snip some branches off the neighbor's tree that's leaning on a cable, plus thin out the olives in front.  We've used this company before - they really do bear the health of the tree in mind as well as the aesthetics, unlike some companies  - and I got a bit of a deal this time  :-)

Two warm days ahead here....

• Here's Ozzie lolling on the floor of the Humane Society before granddaughter took him home,  His previous owner was ill and didn't get around much so Ozzie didn't get much exercise but he's on a diet now and has two acres to run around on.

• Annette - looks as though Ozzie has landed on his paws. Hope everything goes well for him, and for the family. Many years ago, when I was pregnant, we had a rescue cat who was the most affectionate creature I have ever known. She would spend most of her days around my neck as I was working around the house - never a claw, as she obviously had excellent balance. When I sat down she would sit on my bump and give me a very dirty look when the baby kicked! Once my daughter arrived Cindy would sit on a window sill near the pram and if anyone came near she would rush to find me and yell at me to come quickly! An amazing cat - I'm sure rescue animals on the whole are so grateful to their new owners that they behave beautifully. I'm sure Ozzie will follow that pattern - he looks highly intelligent and full of life. I hope he brings much joy.