Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, healthy week!

• Lindy Love that your OH planted the ash sapling and so good you have been able to watch it flourish.
  • Hello
    Sorry I keep butting in on your lovely conversations,
    but I wonder if you have seen this quite thought provoking lovely,Video

I do hope you enjoy.
    www.youtube.com/watch

• Yes, SUNNYKATE , have seen it . Agree, very thought provoking...
  • Yes, I was sent it yesterday, SunnyKate. Does make you think. Sue said to me that she hoped the world would change, but I don't think it will, very much. People will fall back into their old ways mostly. But hopefully it will now mean that the controversial new airport runways will not be built. I have enjoyed flying but could never see any reasons for increasing the number of runways. It looks as if flying will become less common and more expensive now.

Yes, Heather, we can look out of our bedroom window and see the tree in the distance. I'm quite fond of it, now! I hope we won't get the tree disease here that Diane says is rife in the USA.

We still get little trees in the garden and I pull up several a week. If you don't get them out of the ground promptly, they get so attached to the earth that you need a spade to remove them. Pity I can't pot them up & sell them!
  • That's brilliant, SunnyKate! I quite liked that!!!

• LINDA - that Ash Tree is a lovely shape! You set me off singing the Ash Grove too, such a sad romantic song. I loved singing at school, until we had a supply teacher who asked me very politely not to sing. I can't have been that bad, because later at Grammar School I was in a prize-winning choir!

DIANE - there is an Ash disease somewhere in the UK, but I can't remember where!

SUNNYKATE - do keep popping in - it's good to hear from you! I had seen that Video - very deep.

Mostly another sunny day, but cooler. I had to come in after a while when the clouds hid the sun as I get colder sitting still than if I could work out there - of course, the sun reappeared as soon as I was inside! While we were both in the front garden, a near neighbour came past from her dog walk (lovely big Collie); when we chatted (at a distance) she told us she was making protective masks but had run out of elastic. I came in and checked my sewing box and sent elastic round - OH put it through her door, and she came back later with three masks for us! The Carers' support worker told OH this morning he will probably get a delivery of masks, eventually! He also got a little grant to spend on leisure time because they are spending some money from their "short breaks fund" while people can't actually go anywhere - he used it to order a new kneeler for the garden having just broken his when a metal weld gave way!

J's ASN department had another virtual departmental meeting this morning - the sound transmission was poor, so I think he, and maybe some others, had to close and start again - but it is good that they are in touch with each other.

Supposed to be warmer tomorrow - will have to think what we need to do next in the garden!
  • What a lovely outlook, Lindybird and that Ash is growing tall.
  • Well, weather started off cloudy but cleared in the afternoon for a spell. They say an Arctic blast is coming in for the weekend after a few days of sunny weather.
    I do feel for those living in flats that are not allowed even to go on their balconies for a breath of air, it must feel so claustrophobic having to hemmed in and especially if you have a young family as well. We who have gardens are so lucky, at least we can go into them for our daily fresh air fix.
  • LINDA – When I read of ash trees in books I imagine either green leafy trees or autumn leaves. I don’t think I have ever seen a flowering picture. Stupid me, of course they would flower!

KATE – Do keep popping in. I enjoy your contributions. I shall pass your latest on DownUnder.

OG - Some teachers’ words can have a devastating effect without them realizing. I do hope you do sing still. Nowadays I sing in the car when no one can hear me.

Yesterday another postal delivery for OH – a box of Munchies from Dau#1. By the time I photo-ed to send her pic, some packets were empty! She purchased online unseen.