Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, healthy week!

• Thanks DIANE. You stay safe too. What about your phone? Is it fixed?

I’ve just been to church – live streaming online.

Dau emailed photos of our grand kiddies, grandcats, granddog & grandtoys. Pics of the Trio each in their bed with their “bed toys”. I replied “Any more toys and some people will be sleeping on the floor!” Other pics of their lego-mess and their pets. I will have to go out tomorrow to get next batch of eye drops. I wrote to Eye Doc for new script and it has taken 16 days for it to arrive. I could drive to his rooms in 20 mins. AussiePost is busy delivering parcels to online shoppers.

• Just a thought
    Follow the magic in your heart. It is the inspiration for your life. (Adele Basheer)
  • Evening all:   Thank you Diane

Lindybird:   That dinosaur outfit is a hoot - chasing the neighborhood kids with built-in social distancing.  :-)  Hope Matthew wasn't too frustrated with the ping pong game.   I never actually went to that Starbucks, but out walking in the mornings I'd see a couple of old guys - neighbors - hanging out there.and we'd exchange hallos...

My token dust and vacuum plan ended up turning into a more serious effort that was followed by three loads of laundry and then ironing. There's just a bit more left for tomorrow.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• A good mantra for deep breathing is "In with the Future and Out with the Past"

Hope everyone has a good Sunday - Mass online at 10 here for me and then lots of catching up with family and Friends on phone and WhatsApp .

• Good Morning, Everyone. Thank you kindly, to Diane for starting us off.

Annette, it was great to hear the children giggling. The parents were sitting around the edge of the grassed area on folding chairs, with the tinies, and cheering everyone on. Some of the teenage girls found some music and did a little Scottish sword dancing, which was clapped heartily.

It's sunny here again so I hope to get my plants into the garden which I bought gleefully on Friday. Have a good Sunday everyone.
  • Good morning, ALL, and thank you, Diane. I believe this Moon is called the Milk Moon - don't know why.

More garden weather - sorry not everyone is enjoying all the sunshine which we are getting in our special corner at the top of the Solway Firth!
  • Enjoyed our walk around the fields with Bonnie. Saw only a few people, mostly with dogs. Pics to follow later. Spoke to some neighbours, gardening in their front gardens. It's warmer but not hot, with very little wind. You certainly get good weather there, OG!

My OH washed some of the dog beds yesterday and they are still drying on the line. We hope that when we do have visitors, they don't think "what a doggy smell in this house!" as of course you do become used to your own household smells and might not be aware of it.
  • Thanks Diane for starting a new week.
  • Morning all:  

Lindybird: Yes, it's so true. Even when my daughter stays here for a day or so, the room she sleeps in smells of her house.  I think she's about to get a new dog.  My granddaughter (a sheriff in the Yavapai Animal Control office) has been keeping an eye out for something suitable and came across an 10-year-old German Shepherd (Alsatian) at the Humane Society in Prescott. Apparently, it lived in one house with one owner its whole life but the owner was simply unable to care for it any longer.  His neighbors wanted to take it but their landlord wouldn't allow dogs.  It's been checked out while at the Humane Society, is in good shape, has good manners and doesn't go mad around other critters so it will be okay to be around the horses with my daughter but also happy to be in the house.  It's almost the spitting image of lovely old King, who had to be put down early last year.  Her other ancient dog, Pepito, had to be put down about 6 weeks ago so she's ready for a new companion.  Granddaughter has put a sort of reserve on it for the moment....

OG:  Took the bait and looked up Milk Moon.  According to the Old Farmer's Almanac, "During May cows, goats and sheep enjoy sprouting weeds grasses and herbs....which produce lots of rich milk full of vitamins."    It goes on to say that Algonquin tribes (in Quebec) know is as the Full Flower Moon and the Corn Planting Moon.  I'm guessing it must be known by similar names by indigenous people in other parts of the world.

Just a bit more housework today, then a quiet rest of the day.

• Annette - I had to read your note about the Milk Moon twice. My first reading gave me a picture of cows, goats and sheep with seeds, grasses and herbs growing all over their bodies! It's been a long day …

Hope everyone is well. Our weather down here in the south east is dull and cloudy, but quite mild. Got my grocery delivery yesterday - hooray! I had ordered one or two 'treats'. mainly to make up the minimum amount I needed to spend. One of the 'treats' was jam doughnuts - but they were out of stock!!! Tesco is definitely looking after me and my waistline. And I really didn't need them …