First day of a new month tomorrow - will the forums be incredibly slow?

Since the turn of the year the forums have been incredibly slow on the first day of each month (January to April). Will this trend continue tomorrow on the first day of May?  Answers on a postcard please. Ian

• Mike go and look at my post on Loch Arkaig this morning - talk about frustrated...…   but for some inexplicable reason the site has now speeded up again.    

Surely they can afford us mere mortals/members an explanation for the angst that we get while trying to use this website

EDIT: I first logged in just before 6 am, and it took me almost 45 minutes to make one post Mike.    Scylla  posted before then so she will maybe be able to pinpoint when it started.  

• Thank you Mary. I saw your post and like you have just found order restored. The post you have just answered took 2 minutes to post. so that must be a clue as to times. I was hoping MC might have noticed what time it 'acted up' during the night.
    I am expecting contact today from the Head of Digital Products.
  • Mike - I have just seen Scylla posted on the Glaslyn thread round about 5 am that the site was slow at that time.   

You can tell HODP when you speak to him/her that they owe me a big chunk of hair Ha Ha.....   

EDIT: I have just found on the Poole Harbour thread that Scylla said it started around 4 AM.....   

• About 6.15 I couldn't get on the site at all
  • Thank you Mary. I've emailed the HODP and copied it to the CEO, Beccy Speight so will await developments. Clearly they are not early risers!
  • Whilst I accept Robbo's comment about the performance of the site in the middle of the night, I do think there should be a reasonable expectation of having a working site at 8.00 in the morning. We do not have a useable site at 8.00 this morning. Ian
  • This go slow seems to be happening every morning now. If they are doing maintenance on the system I do think they should have the courtesy to tell us. Sadly, a lack of communication has always been an issue with this forum.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• To ALL.
    I did receive reply , late yesterday afternoon, from the HODP which simply raised my blood pressure as my keyboard would testify if it could talk!
    I responded accordingly, copying my response to the CEO, and surprise, surprise, not a word so far.
    I was trying to post this update during the two minute time lag when the site then went down and threw me out.
    Coincidentally I had a visit from Openreach to work on my system which delayed my response to you all until now.
    As I post I will now send another email to those mentioned.
  • This made me smile...posted by Aquilareen on Weekly Chat...

"Just a thought
    Change is not made without inconvenience, even from worse to better. (Richard Hooker (c1554-1600))"

• This has to be something more than back-ups causing the slowdown. There must be some fundamental flaw in the software/system that is causing this. I find it strange that the Home page refreshes instantly but it's only when you try to open a thread that the delay arises. Even switching to Rich text formatting which I've just done causes it grind to a near cessation.

Are the web team aware of what's going on and if so why haven't they come on here to explain. I've been an active member on the main Forum since 2009 through thick and thin but my patience is beginning to be exhausted. 

Tony

My Flickr Photostream