Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stays healthy and safe!

• PatO: Ah! Thanks.  ( I'm not suffering from short-term memory loss!!)   :-))

• ANNETTE - it took me a wee while to get used to the directions in the supermarket but the 'character' I referred to was a young guy, muttering that it was a 'load of ******* garbage'. There is always someone !
  • I met one of those in Aldi yesterday. He knew what he wanted and he went for it - never mind other people who were trying to keep within the guidelines! I just stood still for a couple of minutes (out of the way of anyone else!) and let him get well ahead of me. As you say, there is always one!
  • Good evening. Real showers today – only two of them, and not heavy but the garden was happy!

WENDY – I’ve not been beyond our garden since 15th March – last time we had a church service. I must admit, I shall feel apprehensive returning to the world after the security of the lockdown!

Have enjoyed reading about various supermarket experiences, safe in the knowledge that I haven’t been shopping for months, because this lockdown was preceded by the wet spring!

OH cleaned the dining room today. I did nothing – or if I did, I have forgotten what it might have been. I did have a long chat on the phone with my hairdresser who tells me she is learning a lot from the lessons her son receives! Maybe I need a child to help, to keep my brain sharp!

Looks as if we are all running out of things to say, yet we do like being “together” here!
  • Rubbish day here so dogs in hibernation ...
    Met a man in a carpark for OHs meat fix...
    Wish I had become a hairdresser like my middle sister instead of going into banking !!
    Have a naughty day planned tomorrow ..
    It seems we have a Red Kite visiting . We get Osprey GEs but never Kites .Hope he she or they stay.
    Missing girls still can’t wait for the end if this. Visit south cancelled and just cancelled week at Hexham ( Hadrians Wall). Youngest was going to join us . Rebooked for next  year but still all a bit sad.

• Good evening all. Thanks for news, quotes etc.

I went for my golden oldies hour shop this morning. Several items had been changed around which confused me. I thought I knew how to find everything quickly. I cannot see the reasoning behind that. Anyway, I turned in the opposite direction to everyone else again and bought some wine first.

Our new toaster has arrived already. We were not expecting it until next week. I had bought a supply of croissants, but we were glad to have toast again for breakfast, so we ate croissants with marmalade with our tea this afternoon. Isn't life exciting!
  • Hi, all. We've made it through another day. 

As dawn broke this morning, I was in the time between sleep and waking when dreams are vivid. For a few minutes, I was 5 years old and back on my grandparents' chicken farm. My Mamaw was pounding the keys of her battered old upright piano and singing the hymn, "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms." Her song ended. She smiled at me and said, "We all have to walk the road, but it’s okay to lean.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9YvB9FmR3E

• Rosy, glad your toaster arrived. But I L O V E croissants!

Have had a mixed day, beginning with feeling awful because we both had a bad night last night ( caused by a small moth, long story but not much sleep....!). Was told by email that we have the chance to get a refund on a hotel booked for next June, for the family wedding which has of course now been cancelled. Must get on to that tomorrow and claim.

Enjoyed getting out of the house as far as the kerb on our road, tonight, to clap for the carers. Saw several neighbours, most of whom said they had seen my letter to the local press. I said that I had not seen it, yet, as we have yet to buy a paper! I had written complaining about the walkers galloping around all over the growing crops in the fields, in their ignorance. Usually we only see one or two a year doing this, but its been every day lately.
  • I should be at the airport, waiting to fly to Canberra before 2-hour drive north to Young, a former goldmining town in NSW. Instead I am sitting here shivering as the gale blows, rain pours and briefly our internet died.

DIANE – That’s great; your Mamaw is looking after you.

HEATHER / WENDY – I always have to log in once a week. Lately it has been Mondays.

PAT – Thank you for the second video. I should spend more time browsing.

Shoppers in my supermarket were polite & patient. Perhaps because they were mostly oldies – it was the day pensioners get a discount. I like ANNETTE’s suggestion that those unable to conform to social distancing be put all together in one state and close the borders. I would add all those who think the roads are for speeding.

Captain Tom made our news bulletins again. What a wonderful man.