Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stays healthy and safe!

• AQ: Trouble with brick-and-mortar clothing stores is that I run out of energy and enthusiasm after a few items and go slinking off home. Stay tuned for Tuesday's kitchen decor!
  • Good Morning. Laughing before I even get out of bed, at the descriptions of Annettes new decor, and AQs advice for the lockdown.....

Just watched a short film of people's attempts to cut each other's hair on the TV, some of them OK but many of them disastrous! I think we'll value our hairdressers a lot more once they return to work!
  • Rather grey skies here, but we are hoping for some rain for the garden. This whole year has been a contrast on that front, with solid weeks of rain at the start of the year, but now everything dry as a bone.

AQ, Good luck with the sewing. Harder without a machine: pity I couldn't send you one of mine, as I had two machines, one inherited from my mother which had been her 21st birthday present, and an electric machine of my own which I used to make my own clothes for years. Eventually, I gave away my mother's ornamental black & gold hand machine, which still worked beautifully even after all those years. But no room for two machines, and I rarely get mine out, now. I use lots of those hessian shopping bags which are sold online and by the s'markets, they are light and strong.

Your figures for the pandemic sound good, and Aus must be over the worst at last. Hope the children enjoy being back at school.
  • Had a fun fifteen minutes trying to get on here via my phone, as the Site only wanted to get me to join the RSPB....sigh.

Why it sometimes changes itself, I dont know, but by gum it's a hard site to get around once you enter it from a different way.

Anyway, I took some photos for someone else so I thought you might like to see me: I had my garden hat on:

LOL !!  Wanted by Interpol - do not approach as could be dangerous!!

• Goodness!! Back on the tablet now, and I can see it's come out as huge!! Sorry!! :-))
  • LYNETTE - well done your Daughter! I wouldn't buy lottery tickets - just save the money as a "garden fund" until you have enough!

AQ - can't imagine children being back at school here - how do they keep the littlies socially distanced? Ours here would rebel anyway against returning as it was hinted at the start that they would possibly not go back till August in Scotland, September in Englandshire!

ANNETTE - I suddenly decided a few weeks back (or maybe months) that I can't face Blueberries now - and I really loved them before! I can tolerate them in muffins, but not my usual breakfast Blueberries with pancakes, yoghourt and maple syrup!.

LINDA - thanks for reminding me, I meant to phone my hairdresser to enquire how she and her ten-year-old are coping with lockdown. I don't think the garden hat suits the glasses, but you have lovely blue eyes!

Hoping for a little corner of the garden to be tidied this afternoon before the possible showers start.
  • I'm losing the plot. Started some cooking, then began loading up the dishwasher, thinking that I hadn't put it on after my Sunday lunch. Of course, it had been on and I had forgotten to empty it...
    Have also discovered that I have put on 7lbs in weight since all this started. I rarely weigh myself but there was a slight problem fastening the trousers this morning. I don't eat huge amounts but am obviously missing regular walking. Maybe should start running up and down stairs?
  • Sore eyes with hayfever at the moment, and a red nose, and no makeup!! LOL!!

We stood to attention at 11.00am in a silent tribute to all those in the nursing & caring professions who have now lost their lives for the rest of us. Very sad.
  • Heather. We must have posted in unison, as I've only just seen your last post. It's a common trick of ours, to forget when the dishwasher has been on. Once, I saw a magnet which you could stick on the front saying "clean", so that you didnt mix things up. I was glad later that I hadn't wasted money on it, because of course you could use anything magnetic to remind yourself! Now I just have to remember to use it and my OH has to remember why it's there. ......

I'm sure I'm growing daily. I daren't get on the scales now. Pass the chocolate biscuits please!
  • Had a wee walk in the garden, but it is too cool and breezy to sit out today. Left OH out there tidying again - and he thinks he might also cut out some weeds from between paving path.

I have identified a biochemical cause for my sudden chocolate addiction. I was eating one good quality chocolate or piece of chocolate a day and was able to stop. Since lockdown, OH has been buying very ordinary chocolate, which has lower cocoa percentage, so one piece does not have the level of feel-good factor in my brain, and I always want more!