Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Stay safe and healthy, all! 

Here's a fun new tool that NASA developed to amuse folks. If you put in the day and month of your birthday, NASA will show you what the Hubble Space Telescope discovered on your day!

• Scylla:  I learned those keyboard shortcuts too - eons ago.  

PatO:  You can also use  Control+B for Bold and Control+U for Underline (unless you're on a Mac of course).

OG: Take it easy with whatever it is.

Lots of yard work today.  BBQ'd tonight.  Tomorrow I'm off for weekly shop at crack of dawn for senior hours.  How exciting is that!

Thanks all for posts and news....

• Good Morning. Dry again. We remarked only yesterday that this weather is really unusual for this time of year. We have to keep watering our garden pots and tubs.

Thanks for the tips about using shortcuts etc - I think one of the problems nowadays is that we're all using various gadgets to access the threads. I use this tablet, mostly, and my mobile when I can't - and my desktop now & then. No laptop!

Speaking of which, I must get going and do some emailing today to check if old friends are alright. Have a good day, everyone -- hope that OG is now recovering from whatever it was.
  • HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LINDA & OH.

PAT – Every Friday is rubbish collection. Every Thursday the street sweeper comes by making the streets nice and clean, ready for any spillage. Apparently the local Council cannot organise the contractors any better.

OG - I hope by now you are feeling better.

Not sure where the day has gone. It is nearing 30 C, severe fire danger in Mt Lofty Ranges. This is supposed to be autumn! OH has been busy watering lawn.

• Just a thought
    If you haven't all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don't have that you didn't want. (Anon)
  • Thank you for all the ways to italicise words.  I couldn't make it work without using rich formatting, but now I can do bold, I can underline, as well as  italicise.  I have been using these shortcuts for ever in everyday life - it was just that one button I was missing!  Thank you. My life will never be the same again!

• I look forward to some spectacular posts PAT <grin>
  • LINDY, Happy Anniversary for yesterday. It is ours on the 26th (Ruby Wedding) and we had booked to go to our favourite hotel in Pitlochry. The hotel is now closed TFN. Your meal sounded lovely but as we have no Waitrose here we will probably get a "Dine In" from M & S....if that is still open. OH says he will be happy with beans on toast!!

Sorry to hear OG is not too well. Hope you are better soon.
  • WENDY He is one amazing man, think it is over £4 mill now.
  • £6.3 million plus over one million in gift aid..
    It’s a shame Just Giving is still greedily taking a percentage :-(