Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Stay safe and healthy, all! 

Here's a fun new tool that NASA developed to amuse folks. If you put in the day and month of your birthday, NASA will show you what the Hubble Space Telescope discovered on your day!

• Morning all:   Sorry to all who are missing family.  I sent Jacquie Lawson cards with puzzles/games to Ms. D, which she loved.  Sister in tiny, tiny village in Lincs. was grateful for their garden but said she hadn't seen a soul out in the village today (although, let's face it, the chances of seeing anyone out and about in their village is pretty small at the best of times!).  :-)

Lindybird: Do you know what that white flower is in the last picture?  It looks a bit like Heliotrope, a wonderful vanilla-scented shrub.

OG:  How long does grandson have to stay isolated?  Hope it's not for the duration.

Watched The Two Popes on Netflix last night; also have been binge-watching The Stranger.  Very different from each other, but I enjoyed both.

Cloudy here; was going to BBQ some chicken for a salad, but now thinking something warmer might be needed.

• Annette - Sorry, the colour is a bit pale - it's a close up of the pretty forget-me-nots.

We enjoyed our turkey dinner last night, complete with stuffing and the last of the pigs in blankets from the freezer. Had a nice glass of wine with it and it nearly knocked me out! I've been tired again lately, maybe it's my way of coping, sleeping a lot!

Today I enjoyed a lot of chocolate, with Easter as the excuse!

• Lindybird: Ah yes, I enlarged it - so pretty and a such a delicate shade of blue. Dinner sounds yummy and who needs an excuse for chocolate.
  • A very Happy Easter to all.

Watched Abdul and Victoria last night - Judy Dench is fab in it. Ended up watching Carry on up the Kyber this afternoon after Sunday lunch.

Hope you are all well if not a little frustrated with this lockdown but we know its for our own good and the good of others. Keep smiling through.
  • Such excitement – it’s washing day. With all this staying home, at least my “good” clothes are not getting worn out. Dau#1 sent a brief text for Easter; yet to hear from Dau#2.

Most people were good over Easter and heeded the warning not to visit holiday spots, go camping, fishing, etc. The airport baggage handlers virus outbreak has now caused 750 Qantas staff to be self-isolated – not those in public areas. Hardly any planes are flying anyway. Lone day last week there was one flight in and one out to Melbourne. It is so quiet in the mornings. We are used to hearing (and sort-of not hearing) the 6.05 am rush when the overnight curfew ends.

• Just a thought
    The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities. (James Allen)
  • AQ:  I was thinking the same thing - my good clothes haven't seen the light of day for a few weeks, but my old clothes are getting older and rattier.   I seem to be washing towels and sheets more often. And it's so quiet in the mornings, no cars up and down the street with parents taking the kids to school or folks heading off to work.  Planes are still coming and going though. :

Diane:  Good luck in town tomorrow.

Seven young men who drove 50 miles from the San Francisco area to Santa Cruz (on the coast just south of the city) for 'essential drinks' were each fined $1,000 for not staying at home in their own town.  Santa Cruz police apparently resented them putting their own residents at risk.....

• Good Morning. Bright skies here again, but its much colder. A couple of cooler days, followed by some more warmth towards the end of the week, are forecast.

Lynette, we recorded Victoria & Abdul and will look forward to watching it soon. Nearly caught up now with the "Belgravia" series, which has been excellent.

AQ - We can usually hear the planes, but its been eerily silent except for the odd one here & there. Nice to listen to the birdsong clearly, I said to my neighbour.

Must do some HW today as we gave ourselves the day off yesterday. I sent for some more bedding plants and we hope to be able to put up some cheerful hanging baskets and tubs soon.
  • Quiet on here....

Here is one of our Easter bunnies...