Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL SUPER MOON!

The full super moon is the night of 7-8 April. 

I hope everyone stays healthy and has an easy week. Hang in there, folks! 

Here are some horses grazing Friday on the big sky prairie near Lafayette, Indiana, where I grew up. 

• Glad you were able to sit in the garden, OG.

The Queen was as gracious and sensible as always. She must be wondering what else the world is going to throw at us before she leaves it. I noticed the other day that Prince Charles was shown recording a short speech, too - they're getting us ready for when he takes over the reins, I think.

My OH has been recovering - we don't think he ate anything to upset him in the sense of it being "off", but the combination of ice cream which we thought we would clear out of the freezer, with a white wine, might have done it! He's had bland things today.

I made a small Easter card for Amber, to send with a pair of "bunny ears" ready for the upcoming holiday. She bounced around this evening on the sofa, excited about having made bread today with mummy and going to plant some herbs in the garden tomorrow with daddy.
  • OG - I realized soon after I posted yesterday that I was too early and my posts would attach to last week’s thread. Repeating for you. . .

I went looking for an appropriate quote connected to birdseed and found this:-
    Do you want to speak to the man in charge, or the woman who knows what's happening? (written ages ago by Our LINDA)

Just a thought:-  
    Harmony prevails in the hearts of those who are filled with the music of love and friendship. (Anon)

• I look forward to that AQ. I love yesterday's quote by Our Linda. In fact I quoted it to my OH today. It made him smile. He knows it is true!
  • Nothing to report today, same as, same as, same as.

In order to keep a true perspective of one’s importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him. {Derek Bruce)

A well trained dog will make no attempt to share your lunch. He will just make you feel so guilty that you cannot enjoy it. (Helen Thomson)

I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs. I hear they have to pick up food they drop on the floor. (Anon)

What do dogs do on their day off? Can’t lie around – that’s their job! (George Carlin)
  • One weekend morning, a wife says to her husband, “We’ve got such a clever dog. He brings in the daily newspapers every morning.”
    Her husband replies, “Well, lots of dogs can do that.”
    The wife responded, “But we’ve never subscribed to any!”
  • Like all the quotes, AQ! Read them out to my OH as we sit in bed with our first cuppa of the day. (He laughed out loud, which is unusual!)

Good Morning Everyone. Slightly damp on the windows this morning but just a cloudy day, with not much weather!

Woke early today and found myself planning birthday presents by mail for the family...... our Youngest has his b'day next weekend, so I've ordered various things via the internet, some of which might make him smile. The rest of the family have birthdays much later in the year, so I'm hoping to deliver those in person but who knows......

Hoping to go around the block this morning via the postbox, and get some ironing done.
  • LINDY - I'm glad that your OH is better. Ice cream could be the cause, I always urge the family to finish it up once opened as we don't like soft scoop and I hate the other stuff i
    sitting around for very long once opened. Luckily there are enough of them here usually to consume the lot!
    Yes, difficult to please the offspring regarding shopping. I know they are divided two by two as to what I should be doing! My head tells me that I would be OK but the last thing I would want is for them to have the worry of me home alone and unwell.
    Loving everyones quotes, by the way!
    Back later
  • Morning all

I saw this on the BBC website and thought may be of interest,,in these very uncertain times.and may even bring back some recollections.

www.bbc.co.uk/.../stories-52152993

Take care everyone.
  • Love the quotes. Keep them coming.