Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL SUPER MOON!

The full super moon is the night of 7-8 April. 

I hope everyone stays healthy and has an easy week. Hang in there, folks! 

Here are some horses grazing Friday on the big sky prairie near Lafayette, Indiana, where I grew up. 

• WendyB:  I think I might agree - at least Boris isn't a raving narcissist.

Lindybird:  Your family is clearly too polite!  I wouldn't sacrifice dinner for a long-distance relative not at the top of my favorite list.  Hope you've got caller ID on your phone - although that doesn't necessarily work with international calls.

AQ;  Mostly I think today's kids (old lady alert!) have been way too medicated in their youth, but what do I know...   I see there's an official enquirey into the folks who let the Diamond Princess passengers disembark - and there was another very recent case where a cruise ship let folks off to disembark in Sydney?

• Hope this one you can all seemay have to click link( sent to me )

Did make my morning

HERE

• SUNNYKATE - I've seen that before but it still made me laugh aloud!!
  • You couldn't make it up....
    Yesterday I went to open the small side window in my bedroom. It overlooks the window of the side bedroom of the bungalow next door. The window of that room was open and the daughter of the house was talking to her boyfriend who was complying with social distancing guidelines as he doesn't live there. About an hour later I moved to close the window over a little. There they were, cuddling and kissing, him still outside and her inside the house....
  • Good Morning. Glad to see that Boris is no worse, which looks hopeful. Most people seem to slide downhill fast once they get to the worst stages.

ANNETTE Yes, we have caller ID and last time A Cousin rang I noticed her name come up on our phone, and immediately passed it to my OH.... I speak to the woman as little as possible. Sue seems incapable of saying to this relative that she is a nuisance although she did once pretend there was someone at the front door!

Various small jobs to do today, after crossing quite a few off my To Do list yesterday, including calling on an elderly lady who lives alone at the end of our road - she has some nearby neighbours who have been doing her shopping, thankfully, as we were incapable of helping her last week. She answered the door wearing a cute white apron with embroidery, t he like of which I hadn't seen since I was a small girl and my mother embroidered her own.
  • Think I would have said that the line was playing up and I could hardly hear her. Then put phone down. Your SiL is obviously very patient.
  • ROSY - never hospitalised as a child myself, but OH's only memory (oft told) is having his sweets taken away - and when he recovered enough to have some, there were none left for him! BTW, he never did find out what he was there for - various versions of pneumonia or scarlet fever.

AQ - good thought for the day - thanks.

SUNNY KATE - loved that wee clip of toddler running away from sneeze!

HEATHER - I hope girl next door and her boyfriend come through okay!

LINDA - shock news when we heard that Boris is in intensive care - not good for the country.

Another sunny day - think I need to get OH moving - he slips in behind me to sit as his desk when he should be busy elsewhere! We did well sowing seeds in cold frames and propagators yesterday. I wrote the labels! Really enjoying getting outside.

• I had to have my tonsils removed when I was very young, maybe about 5. The nurses were very very strict! I was sent comics by my cousins. (I doubt that I was able to read them, the Eagle and the Girl) They were promptly removed and shared among all the children. I also clearly remember the Ward Sister telling the staff that she was fed up with all 'these mothers phoning'....