Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL SUPER MOON!

The full super moon is the night of 7-8 April. 

I hope everyone stays healthy and has an easy week. Hang in there, folks! 

Here are some horses grazing Friday on the big sky prairie near Lafayette, Indiana, where I grew up. 

• OH is now in the front garden edging the rockery. Benson is most put out as he has been left indoors. He is howling fit to waken the dead!!!

We always take him when gardening at the back and side which is secure but the front is open plan so you have to be able to keep a good eye on him. When allowed out at the front he rarely goes beyond the garden esp if we entertain him by throwing his toy but better safe than sorry.
  • SUNNYKATE- I've just read the article, thank you. It reminded me of my late childhood when I was in the Fever Hospital. No visitors were allowed, they had to stand on a stone step outside the window and look in. I was taken away in the 'Fever Ambulance' which, my mother later told me caused quite a lot of interest and curiosity in the street!
  • AQ - thanks for repeating the previous quotes - and thanks for today's too.

LINDA - pleased your OH is a bit better - Ice cream and alcohol don't go together!

Just seen a FB message from a friend who has a Covid 19 diagnosis - he already suffers from ME and Bi-polar. Why did he have to catch it? What about all those people out and about having fun?

Good to see on the news that our stupid Scottish CMO resigned in the end - should have done it as soon as the story broke!

OH went to Tesco's seniors hour - says it wasn't busy and now has a one way system. Looks another lovely day, but maybe a few degrees less warm than yesterday.
  • Spring weather here -- went to put our smalls on the line and it began to shower. Left it till later, then when I put them out, and got to fixing the last ones on, it began to rain again!! Left it all out there as its bright sunshine in between these sudden showers.
  • Went for my walk, around local streets. Had a good nose around all the gardens and saw lots of colour, including this pink magnolia which was stunning

• Next pic of it wouldn't post. Grr.

Never mind, here are some cheerful tulips outside a care home:

• Bonnie doing what she does best, when not dashing around -- relaxing 

• LINDY boy, she is certainly looking chilled.
  • HEATHER I remember my Grandparents telling us that when Mum was ill with some sort of fever, they used to cycle daily to the hospital which was some distance away and like your Mum and Dad they had to look in a window to see her.
  • Morning all:  Poured with rain overnight - very unusual for April, but still appreciated.  OH's remote on the living room TV has died - a critical need if ever there was one, especially as the manual controls don't cover all the functions and TV is 'stuck' on "Do You Want to Delete This Show Now?" message.  I'll zoom up to the store, suitably clad, and pick up a new one this morning - they always come in a sanitized-looking baggie, but I'll wipe it off-and the one I'm returning-anyway.

dibnlib:  I remember being taken to the hospital to wave at my mother from outside the window (no idea what she was in there for; they didn't talk about that sort of stuff in those days).

Thanks all for jokes, links, news and photos.