LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

------------------------------------------

1st Egg Laid - 19.04.20 @ 17.59 - Hatched 26.05.20 @ 10.25 hrs

2nd Egg Laid - 22.04.20 @ 12.03 - Hatched 28.05.20 @ 0600 hrs

3rd Egg Laid - 25.04.20 @ 08.50 - Hatched 30.05.20 @ before 0700 hrs

ALL 3 CHICKS WERE RINGED ON 4TH JULY - ALL BELIEVED TO BE MALE - RING NUMBERS 550, 551 AND 552

WHEN POSTING SCREEN CAPTURES FROM THE CLYWEDOG NEST CAN YOU PLEASE ADD THE FOLLOWING COPYRIGHT LOGO

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

• Thank you all for coverage today - special mention to PATILY for chick "traumas" and to SHEILA (we've been missing you!) for terrific coverage of disturbances... which really makes a video unnecessary but I've done one anyway, in which there may be missed incidents (for one thing, I lost the vehicle, which was sound only) but I done me best ;)

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    7.57 Perch delivered by Dylan

I got that from YT rollback - needless to say I've forgotten to set it downloading again.

IMAGICAT

• Thanks for the fish capture Scylla. They had a good supper and breakfast looks half decent (as the expression goes'

But:

are the floppin' human and dogs allowed to walk down this C road: Or is this like the human intrusion at LoTL s that ruined the chances of laddie and new lady using the Dez Rez nest?
  • No, they are not allowed to walk there, Cirrus. The track is gated and locked, with all sorts of No Entry signs. There is no excuse for the person and two dogs being there.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Cirrus the road you can see on the camera is a forest track. There is a locked gate at the top of the track (top LH corner of the wider camera shot which was in use until a few weeks ago) where the hide normally is in a layby. The gate has a lot of signs which explain it is not open to the public due to wildlife, and that is an offence to go down the track - picture below. Anyone who walks down there is willfully ignoring all that. John Williams was on site for over 2 hours and the local police got there shortly after him. While the camera was off I assume the intruder was extracted from the forest and interviewed; John will tell the FB group what he can, and I will relay here.

Picture copyright NRW

• Thank you Sheila , much   appreciate you response.

And , likewise, AG thank you thank you for that detailed response. I really appreciate all that information and so hope the intruder was apprehended and wrist, by law enforcement, thoroughly slapped - fined even !

Thank you to John Williams for being on site for so long and sorting the intruder.   Seren was so disturbed !   Took flight several times  from the nest leaving the youngsters  to rain and cold as never should have been.

Sometimes, humans really depress me with their thoughtlessness and selfish  '' this doesn't apply to me'' attitude.

• Female osprey intruder at LC. Blue ring right leg - only very briefly on camera. John Williams is trying to get close enough to read the ring, while the osprey eats the fish it has caught.
  • Cirrus in the early days on lockdown two people who had driven up from Birmingham and walked past the nest were similarly apprehended by John and Dyfed-Powys police. I understand they got the fixed penalty for the lockdown breach; we didn't hear if they had been charged with the wildlife offence.
  • Intruding osprey has been identified and reported her "home" nest by John Williams. He has confirmed that it is not Blue 014, the Poole osprey who was seen at Dyfi a couple of days ago.