LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

------------------------------------------

1st Egg Laid - 19.04.20 @ 17.59 - Hatched 26.05.20 @ 10.25 hrs

2nd Egg Laid - 22.04.20 @ 12.03 - Hatched 28.05.20 @ 0600 hrs

3rd Egg Laid - 25.04.20 @ 08.50 - Hatched 30.05.20 @ before 0700 hrs

ALL 3 CHICKS WERE RINGED ON 4TH JULY - ALL BELIEVED TO BE MALE - RING NUMBERS 550, 551 AND 552

WHEN POSTING SCREEN CAPTURES FROM THE CLYWEDOG NEST CAN YOU PLEASE ADD THE FOLLOWING COPYRIGHT LOGO

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

• Thank you to GARDENBIRDER for correcting my ID !!! Kissing heart

I find I have loads of Clywedog files downloaded, including, after shutdown, several copies of the whole day!  So I'm having a scroll thru...

First fish - as reported by AG:

Between Seren and the kids, they made good inroads into the fish - this is after breakfast with bonking going on, the victor stood standing and the vanquished down:

As you can see, the picture was shockingly bad, I've enhanced as best I can - I'm doing so with all the pics but the next scene was better anyway.

Seren with stick 09:17:

Dylan had to fish out the fish from under Seren - who says they can't smell?!

Seren flew off to get a stick and while she was gone Dylan brought the fish back.  She brought 2 stick and sorted others, and involved the chicks with the sticks but I'm not showing that, it will be too time-consuming for unsatisfactory results:

Second breakfast, it didn't stay in this chick configuration but I didn't think #3 got much:

Dylan brought a stick and later took the fish away again and brought it back again - surely can't be a new fish, it's too soon:

After the feed that followed, this was the scene - so I reckon they all must have eaten well:

Dylan took the fish again while Seren was on a flyabout, then he brought it back again!  I think he was feeding the chicks while Seren preened but he was blocking our view.

For several minutes around noon Seren was off 'n on, then she brought in nest materials and plonked them on the chicks!

Off she flew, leaving 2 chicks buried!

It did get sorted but I couldn't see her do it.

Gone 2 o'clock in the afternoon, they're still waiting for a second fish:

At last!

I'll break off there, just in case the system thinks 'too many pics'.

If you see IDRIS anywhere, it should say DYLAN - thank you GARDENBIRDER :-*

IMAGICAT

• Thank you to GARDENBIRDER for correcting my ID !!! Kissing heart

The second fish's feed started out badly for #3 but got much better:

Dylan took the fish away and didn't bring any back the next time he called in.

Everyone looking good:

17:31 Dylan disrupts with a stick:

At closing time - still waiting for fish - the afternoon had involved a lot of waiting around, not a lot of activity from parents:

The footage has been quite flaky to navigate, I could easily have missed signifiant events :-/

IMAGICAT

• Evening, All. Scylla, I think you probably meant Dylan, not Idris--lol!

Kind regards, Ann

• Oh dear - thank you GARDENBIRDER :-* It must be because Idris is a new bird and Dylan is new to me that I interchange them. Sorry everyone!

IMAGICAT

• Not to worry, Scylla--we all makes mistakes! I've just always been glad that mistakes while doing my job did not mean injury or death for anyone! My heart goes out to all those medical folk working now; even when doing their jobs completely correctly they still cannot save everyone. It must be a nightmare, and I would not be surprised if it affects some of them permanently, unfortunately.

Edit:  I've been aware of Dylan for some time, now, so I only need to remember that the new bird at Dyfi is Idris!

Kind regards, Ann

• Thank You Scylla for your lovely summaries of the days at Llyn Clywedog, always appreciated.

Must be waiting on 4G again this morning - no webcam as yet!  

• Mary, I'm getting 'Site not secure' Close down immediately. I've also tried the main Carnyx site, where all the cameras are and am getting similar?
  • Trout at 9.32 Seren had a feed herself before the bobs got lined up for feeding. #3 front and centre again.
  • Another trout 12.06. No sight of the feed as Seren is between the bobs and the camera