LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

------------------------------------------

1st Egg Laid - 19.04.20 @ 17.59 - Hatched 26.05.20 @ 10.25 hrs

2nd Egg Laid - 22.04.20 @ 12.03 - Hatched 28.05.20 @ 0600 hrs

3rd Egg Laid - 25.04.20 @ 08.50 - Hatched 30.05.20 @ before 0700 hrs

ALL 3 CHICKS WERE RINGED ON 4TH JULY - ALL BELIEVED TO BE MALE - RING NUMBERS 550, 551 AND 552

WHEN POSTING SCREEN CAPTURES FROM THE CLYWEDOG NEST CAN YOU PLEASE ADD THE FOLLOWING COPYRIGHT LOGO

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

• Good morning Ladies.
    The LC system is automatic. BUT if it can't get a 4g signal it can't start and will try again or has to be manually started. Without a 4G signal no one can 'boot it' up.
  • Morning Mike

It is funny that there is not a Carnyx screen for the 30th though, as there is one for the 31st May 2020 which you can set a reminder for it to notify you when it boots up.   

Will have to wait I guess until it appears.  

• LC camera now running - started at 8.00, It reveals that the third egg has hatched overnight - quite early as the bob is now dry and fluffy.
  • Dylan has just arrived with a fish
  • I was right on time checking for the live link this morning but it was late and I can't stay there forever refreshing the channel page... and I've only just remembered to check again :'(

Oh well, better late than never. Seren is sitting.

EDIT - Scrolling back, am I seeing 3 little bodies?

EDIT 2 - Heehee, I'm here with old news, it's definitely my bedtime.  See y'all later.

IMAGICAT

• Another feed at 11.50 - bob 3 has had some bits.
  • I scrolled back and saw that there were 3 chicks and came to find out the time that #3 hatched. So happy for 5F..........and Dylan
  • MaryGK said:
    I wonder what kind of fish that is, got big fin on its back

John said that Dylan brought in a PERCH for breakfast, so that must be it, MARY - I see from the images that it does have a big fin :) 

The 09:28 fish:

The feed lasted nearly 15 minutes, #1 & #2 both ate but #3 stayed steadfastly lying down with its bottie facing Seren:

Later... all heads up!

10:48 - At the end of the feed Seren deliberately went round to #3, who'd not been "asking", and proffered.  It didn't come to anything, but how considerate and sweet of Purple heart Seren Purple heart

Dylan took the fish away:

11:40 he brought a significan portion of it back :)   He pottered for a couple of minutes while Seren got a feed going, and AG saw #3 get some bites 11:50.  #3 was up 'n down for that feed:

13:00 Seren took a break and Dylan came in to look after the chicks:

Seren wasn't gone long and commenced a feed with the leftover fish.  #3 kept falling over, mainly onto its back but righted itself every time:

Once again Seren made a special effort at the end of the feed to offer #3 a bite, but it came to nothing:

Dylan proceeded to bring a series of 3-4 sticks (no snaps, it's too hot here) and I was about to label him Deadbeat Dad again, but then he redeemed himself with a whole PERCH IMHO (and took the leftover up to the campost, not snapped).

Only one of the osplets had any sense at this stage and only one fed at the time my stream cut off ;)

I've now downloaded the whole day but no time to go into any detail.

15:43 fish:

Seren fed some to the chicks and then Idris took it away, ate some, and brought it back.

Seren nabbed it from him right away but dear Idris did his best to feed a chick with a tiny morsel he'd managed to sneak - to no avail:

Undaunted, he fetched a long-discarded fish from the back of the nest and carried on trying!  He had 2 goes:

Another fish:

After the feed Dylan took it away @ 18:56, I didn't see it come back before closing time.

IMAGICAT

• The cam was even early this morning. Seren was sitting... now she's feeding the chicks (only one vaguely interested) from a very tiny fish-piece.

I'm off! See y'all later.

IMAGICAT