LLYN BRENIG, LLYN CLYWEDOG WELSH OSPREY PROJECTS CAPTURES & UPDATES APRIL 2020 TO END FEB 2021

Please use this thread for any Screen Captures and Updates on these Welsh Osprey Projects. 

LLYN BRENIG

FEMALE - BLUE 24(10) - HATCHED RUTLAND WATER, ENGLAND

MALE - BLUE HR7(14) - HATCHED LAKE OF MENTEITH, SCOTLAND

LINK TO BRENIG OSPREY PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE

LLYN CLYWEDOG 

FEMALE - DELYTH - UNRINGED (DID NOT RETURN)

FEMALE - 5F (SEREN)

MALE - DYLAN - UNRINGED 

------------------------------------------

1st Egg Laid - 19.04.20 @ 17.59 - Hatched 26.05.20 @ 10.25 hrs

2nd Egg Laid - 22.04.20 @ 12.03 - Hatched 28.05.20 @ 0600 hrs

3rd Egg Laid - 25.04.20 @ 08.50 - Hatched 30.05.20 @ before 0700 hrs

ALL 3 CHICKS WERE RINGED ON 4TH JULY - ALL BELIEVED TO BE MALE - RING NUMBERS 550, 551 AND 552

WHEN POSTING SCREEN CAPTURES FROM THE CLYWEDOG NEST CAN YOU PLEASE ADD THE FOLLOWING COPYRIGHT LOGO

© NWR - LLYN CLYWEDOG OSPREYS

• SheilaFE said:
    18.42 FISH!!!

I... am... so... confused Upside down

IMAGICAT

• I wonder if Clywedog and Brenig should have their own threads next season?  (Assuming they both have cams again.)  It would be easier to keep track of them.

=====

I had been downloading Brenig but not finding time to scan the files and edit out bits for posting - plus I found it difficult to keep on top of the up/down cam.  Over the past few days I've been thru 25 July to 02 August, when the cam went down and I never got it back up again but I don't know how much longer it did transmit.

My LLYN BRENIG Video Playlist

One or two of these snaps may be dupes from when I posted before, but... :-/

Blue24

She liked to bring in big sticks, despite KC5 having fledged and the season approaching its end:

She also did a lot of fishing, bringing in big flappers - which concerned me a little as she would need her strength for migrating earlier than the rest of the family, if all went according to the usual Osprey routine:

The last night I saw her on the nest, something disturbed her and she flew off abruptly:

HR7 

If he'd been one of the males back in the day when we were trying to sort out LG after {{{Odin}}} left, we'd have called him something related to "Speckles".  Here he was in the early morning light, waiting for someone to come for the leftover fish, but no-one did so he flew off with it:

KC5 Dwynwen (I'm going to have to check the name and edit that, probably) - a very feisty juvie...

Attacking Dad:

With dew (sounds nicer than drizzle) on back:

Thief:

IMAGICAT

• CIRRUS - you'll know how relieved I am Hugging

IMAGICAT

• GrinningHugging      Yep, I reckon I do Scylla. and thanks , I've thieved the lot    

• Thanks for the captures Scylla. I'd be in favour of having separate threads for the Llyn Clywedog and Llyn Brenig nests next year. Only caveat is how the issues at Brenig play out with the question of if/where the birds return, and how Welsh Water deal with the fallout of the TV show disturbance.

We are still waiting to hear if North Wales Police are planning any action arising from the disturbance of the nest - gentle pressure continues to be applied.
  • Unknown said:
    gentle pressure continues to be applied.

Love it, AG Rofl

IMAGICAT

• Well done AG and colleagues/friends. I hope common sense prevails, and such a situation is not repeated. Let's hope the pair return and breed next year.
    I'm more than happy that two threads cover the nests. It would be easier, as ,Scylla says, to follow.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Surprising and disappointing news from North Wales Wildlife Trust. KC5, this year's juvenile at Llyn Brenig, was found dead beside a wind turbine 4.8 km from the nest on 6 August. The Trust only became aware of that in late September. Three ospreys were seen for at least 2 weeks after 6 August and NWWT are trying to work that out. I'm not sure what this will mean for the investigation of the disturbance caused by the filming. Full details from NWWT here.