DYFI NEST OBSERVATIONS & CAPTURES - APRIL 2020

The purpose of this thread is for recording all observations and captures of the daily nest activity leaving the main Dyfi Osprey Project 2020 thread for all blogs, updates and general news of the Dyfi nests.   

© Montgomery Wildlife Trust / captured by Scylla

Wishing Monty and Telyn a safe journey home and for another successful season

• aa

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Unknown said:
    I can't recall any other osprey doing this but I'm sure someone will remind me if there has been one.

I've seen them do it but not as forcefully as Idris :)

IMAGICAT

• All times approx.

08:15 the cam picked up Idris on Monty's perch with a headless fish - so how long had he been eating it?

Half an hour later he flew:

The cam spent a little while readjusting itself, Telyn was seen to fly 15 minutes later but she was only gone for a minute:

Then 5 minutes later she flew again (just to show you it was definitely her, and Idris had not taken over):

She flew again and after a good few minutes someone came to incubate.

Eventually I got a shot thru the rain of an osprey on Monty's perch with fish again, but couldn't tell who it was:

Oh I do hate an unsolved mystery !!!

Then!  Over 3 hours later:

It was only half and it only took her 20 minutes to finish it, but hey! ;)

Around 21:20 Idris flew to Monty's perch and thence to the nestperch:

And a few minutes later we had a lovely new nightcam view - thank you, DOP Kissing heart

But not for long.  Just as well, cos Telyn got up and flew to Monty's perch but then flew off to the left, as if chasing someone:

She eventually flew around and displaced Idris (he flew out in a rush and out of shot to the left) and she seemed to be flapping at something by the nest, then took over incubation, Idris still gone:

It rained:

That was at least 4 hours ago.  I haven't been able to find Idris since, partly due to rain.

IMAGICAT

• Just checked Chat for more info on disturbance but it's a new session started @ 03:00 :(

IMAGICAT

• Looks like Telyn incubating and Idris on Monty's perch
  • dd

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

• sd

Magnus Ullman

• bb

Magnus Ullman

• dd

Magnus Ullman

• sdf

Magnus Ullman