Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 March 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a good week and stays healthy. Sending you all protective energy!

• Been trying since 7.00am to write on here..... you may get twelve messages all at once, eventually!
  • Ah, that posted from my phone. Tablet is not willing I wrote "Not as sunny but a bit cloudy,dry."

"Annette, thanks for the laughs. We've been sent lots of funnies on email but I cant transfer them to here. Best one was 2 men playing cards with big piles of loo rolls on the table, as stakes!"
  • Hehe … one cartoon that amused me in the past week was a picture of a plane-load of people listening to an announcement from the pilot - 'I've decided to work from home today!' We have to keep smiling …
  • Some good fun in recent posts, thanks AQ and ANNETTE.

Less cloud here today - so bright sunshine, but a bit cooler. Catching up with domestic things first, and hoping to go outside this afternoon to supervise some sowing in the propagator.
  • Cloudier, and a cold wind when I chatted with our neighbour over the fence. (At a distance) She should have been in Madeira in the sunshine this week.

Did some ironing this morning, as I seem to get tireder as the day progresses. Now putting my feet up. My OH has done some more plant pruning, and washed both the cars - luckily he then noticed that the Fiesta (Ruby) wouldn't start so had a flat battery. He found that he had been in the boot the other day then left it slightly open. So at least he can now charge it up again. Other Sister in law did some shopping so she has left us some milk, eggs and fresh veg. Now we can make home made soup. Hooray!
  • I seem to be eating really well at the moment, and spending more time cooking. Normally it's a quick throw-together meal, but now I can do things properly. Just had a lovely stir fry with minced beef, onion, kale and curried noodles. Delicious!

Has anyone got an interesting and straightforward recipe for lentils? I seem to have several packets but don't really know what to do with them!

Also, does anyone here have experience of using Zoom software? We are planning to hold several church meetings this way, but I have never used it. Any tips?

We are all learning new skills at the moment! And having to pick them up very quickly. Well, I guess it keeps the brain active ...
  • Yes, I liked that one too. Luckily our sense of humour isn't taking time off.
  • Yes Pat O I think we are taking much more time over things now. Stir fry sounds good. I love lentil soup but think you are looking for something a little more exciting than that.
  • A couple of pics of the walk we do from the house. As you can see we have no trouble with social distancing

•   Now I have found out how to post pis, here are a couple of Benson.