Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 March 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a good week and stays healthy. Sending you all protective energy!

• AQ - They are quite sensible, so I'm sure will keep to the rules. Awful about the cruise passengers - how could the authorities let them loose?!?!?

I like the idea of teddy bears. Wouldn't necessarily work where I live, but anything to amuse people and make them smile is good. I am fortunate to live in a place with quite extensive grounds, where we can walk freely and safely. And everything looks wonderful at the moment, with flowers and trees and birds doing what they do in springtime. Hope everyone is keeping well and safe.
  • Tried to post hours ago but it just wouldn't. Sunny here again, so more laundry in the system!

Hope Lynette feels better today after her dizziness.
  • Just been in the garden - pic of our old plum tree with daffs and our stellata underneath, which has never been more glorious:

• Tried to post another, but it won't post because of something or other. 

Here's the magnolia next door

• Lovely picture, Lindy. Spring seems to be putting on an even better show than usual this year - wonderful that we have more time to enjoy it than we usually do.
  • Morning all - still working from home but on a break! Ive got a white/cream magnolia that I was given when I moved here in 2017 - its about 5 ft high and has flowers out now. I also have one of the smaller magenta ones that was here already - its about 4ft but the petals go brown quite quickly - any ideas?
    Keep safe and well
  • Hello all
    LYNETTE - I hope that you are feeling less dizzy today. Do you find the head exercises help?
    AQ - keep the news coming from Aussieland! I think about your OH who hates to be homebound and must be missing his lunches in town...
    ANNETTE - Good that you can work in the garden and chill in the evening with a glass :-) I have missed several episodes of the Mantel book. Too short for my liking!
    OG - I was going to suggest that J could do the shopping and thus get driving - but then realised that he maybe could not take advantage of the seniors hour.
    I've had to halt this post once because of family phone calls - I'll attempt to send it now and come back later.
  • Harelady, it may be that your plant has fallen foul of the night time frosts we've been having. A lot of plants hate the frost at night after having bright sun on their petals all day. You might find that another year it'll be fine.

Had problems with getting onto a video link with our Eldest, he had Amber jigging about in the background but we struggled with the link and eventually had to give up. Not helped by my OH giving us a power cut by his trying to Hoover the inside of the cars, then the old Hoover he uses died a death, and it tripped all the fuses in the house!

Gave up and stopped for lunch.
  • Morning all: Woke up at 4:15 a..m., which makes for a very long day but then, I can take lots of long naps in between more garden work.

Heather:  Re the Mantel book - I've missed about half the episodes too.  Can't imagine what else I could have been doing.  :-)

AQ;  Amazing that those folks were let off the cruise ship - is it safe to assume some heads will be rolling as a result?  We are seeing people we've never seen before walking around the neighborhood (furloughed employees I assume).  And my niece in the UK says she sees lots more people walking dogs and wonders (being silly) if they aren't borrowing other people's dogs as an excuse to get out.  :-)

Looks like the next big hoarding event will be hand cream as we're now hearing complaints about dry hands as a result of all that washing.

• Annette - A friend of mine has bad allergies to practically everything, and can only use two sorts of hand cream. Can she get them? No, she can't!! Even my hands are drying out, and I've hardly ever used hand cream in my life. One of the many changes we are having to get used to ...