WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) Sunday, February 23, 2020

Happy New Week all.  

Back from busy day; friend's 'celebration' of her husband's life was lovely  - she's a whizz with cameras, videos, etc, etc., and compiled a lovely video program that captured his life, interests, family, etc..   Lots of people turned out for a much-loved person.   Two other friends and I were in charge of the lunch for the family after a memorial rock (from the part of the Sierras where he hiked every year for 70 straight years!!) was placed in the church's garden.  The church group took over the post-service reception food.  I'm not only tired but stuffed to the gills!

Lindybird:  Interesting that our camellias are out tool love the daffs though - that's Springtime!

Hope all who have/are getting colds, etc., recover quickly.

Have a good Sunday!

• Here is the promised ditty about Shrove Tuesday:

PANCAKE DAY

Oh! Ooh! Pancake Day!
    The date comes around, and
    Anticipation doth abound -
    A chance to feast upon a treat
    Oft being told of things
    We should NOT eat.

With greed, I fish for the
    Special pan - I sometimes wonder
    Who I am? -
    Am I the one who healithy feeds,
    Munching, crunching all those nuts & seeds?

We mix the flour and eggs with love
    A simple recipe, coming surely from Above -
    From all of those who've gone before:
    Who taught us, in the days of yore,
    Just how to tip it in the pan, and
    Not to buy them in a can, or even plastic packet
    No! You need to lovingly make them so.

As your beloved ones
    Dig in, you tell yourself
    "Its not a sin!"
    "To share this thing passed down through years
    When as a child, the only tears
    Were "He's had more than me!" "
    Your mother smiled, and tipped some more
    To be enjoyed with sugar, sure - but
    Eaten with the lemon rich
    Can't surely be an unhealthy pitch?

Those fluffy, golden discs, so round
    With each, I put on half a pound.....
    The diet can wait for another time
    Meanwhile, these mouthfuls are
    Just sublime!

• Lovely, Lindy. That's the nearest I'll get to a pancake today - which is probably better for my waistline! Hope those of you who are including enjoy them - in fact, have an extra one for me!
  • Lindybird: I'll take those pancakes - no calories if I just read about them. :-)
  • I forgot that it was Shrove Tuesday so no pancakes here:-(
    Some snow this morning but not enough to last long. Cold, though.
    LINDY my camellia has very tight buds. Guess it doesn't feel like blooming for quite some time yet!
  • LINDA - love the pancake poem - I had just two small ones, and most definitely lemon and caster sugar! (OH had one with lime marmalade and one with chocolate spread!

Mostly sunny - some short fast-moving showers of rain and one of hail!
  • I like the poem Lindy.

I also had forgotten that it was Shrove Tuesday, My OH does not like pancakes, but I do. I like mine with lemon and sugar (as my mother used to make them).
  • Sorry some of you forgot the day -- we had three large pancakes each. Years ago, when I was so thin that folks worried about my health, I could easily eat five! We had them with sugar and lemon, but I also love them with fruit and icecream when I can get it!

We just had sleety hail so fierce that the road outside went white instantly, as if it was snow. But its fading, now, as it melts. The ground is too warm for snow to stick, I think, if we had any.
  • OG - I bought some lemon & lime marmalade in Aldis yesterday. It struck me that it was something I used to love, and hadn't had for years.
  • Happy Mardi Gras!

Don't you folks know that you're supposed to eat pancakes with Blueberry or Raspberry Syrup?!!

LOL !!!

Lindy: I hope you didn't have any damage to your house from the hail. Loved your poem.

Hello to all of you.

• Diane:  No no - you eat them with Maple Syrup, powdered sugar and a dab of whipped butter.  :-)