Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 February 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Almost spring...sort of. Today is Imbolc, the ancient traditional holiday marking the halfway point between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox. I'm ready for a little sunshine. This has been the most dark, dreich winter ever. 

Yellow French Marigold
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Tonight I’m joining Portillo on the Ghan, then dashing up to Queensland to catch a train with Griff. Different channels and they overlap. Sorry, can't chat, veggies calling.
  • Good Morning. Wild and windy, here. My OH has gone off to see if the golf course will be open.
  • I wonder if the golf balls will be blown off course, LINDY!
  • OH disappeared down to church just after eight o'clock as BT engineer had arrived - long story re church phone history, but basically new BT service going in for new Minister to use the church office. OH made all the arrangements to free the church from a previous Talk-Talk contract set up by a former Minister, and tried to hand it all back to the Elders, but apparently nobody else was capable of arranging the new contract and getting the installation in the right place! J set off walking to work - he is so much better and happier now he can see out of two eyes together! It is a beautiful (but cool) sunny morning, and I am sure the sun rose noticeably earlier.

LYNETTE - is it possible that you hit your head when you fell over that stupid rug last week?  Maybe it would be worth mentioning that to the Doctor!

• LYNETTE - I think that I have said before on here that I get positional vertigo occasionally, with the symptoms you describe. I hope that you get answers soon.
    ROSY - glad that all is sorted with the leak. LINDY - I find that I get quicker service by phoning a plumbing firm rather than a one man operation. Enjoy your winnings!
    OG - those veins of yours are certainly very elusive. Better luck next time...

• Heather B said:
    I wonder if the golf balls will be blown off course, LINDY!

He came home early ("Quick,"  I shout, "Out of the window!! - as if I have a secret lover and we've been caught out......)  They managed to play about ten holes before having to give up because the ground was too wet. We had a couple of showers this morning even though it was not in the forecast.

Done some not exciting things this morning and now this afternoon must pay a couple of bills. Also, will have to reassemble the conservatory as my OH decided he wanted to clean the inside of the roof and we moved all the small stuff out. When we moved some of the heavy furniture it revealed lots of dead bodies as we've been swatting flies (the only creature I can bring myself to kill) as they've been hatching out from somewhere in the warm sunshine lately. U g h.

• AQ I have been watching some of Michael Portillo in Alaska. Brilliant (including his clothes!)

Lindy, I am now about to put everything back on the shelf beneath the not- leaking boiler.
  • LINDA - lover hidden somewhere, bodies in the conservatory - what have you been reading lately? Or are you writing a novel?
  • LOL!!! It's been a long standing joke, ever since my OH had a job where he came home at all hours!

He did lots of cleaning today, then sat down, bushed. I pointed out that he's no longer 45.......
  • Rosy and AQ: We like the Michael Portillo travel programmes - saw the Alaska ones at the weekend and are now in the middle of his latest Asian trip, very interesting. His clothes are often every bit as colourful as the scenery!