Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 December 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

• Been food shopping, and then found time to get the lights on the tree before we stopped for lunch. Hope to add the decorations to it later today, as we have a ready made beef dinner from M&S for tonight.

Goodness knows when I'll have time to look at the ironing basket! Cards are done and distributed, but still tearing my hair out over trying to get various games which our grandsons want - we were only told a few days ago what they would like, and lo and behold, now it's so near The Big Day there's a shortage! Have paid extra to have one thing delivered tomorrow to make sure I have it, but the other item we can't get is only available towards New Year. As we don't know when we will be travelling to see the family, maybe we'll be lucky and it might arrive in time.

Lots of boxes and bags around the house: if anyone comes visiting, they'll have to take us as they find us!

Terrible news daily from your part of the world, AQ. Hope that you can enjoy your family celebrations without it being too hot.

• Lounge room done. Dining room done. Still to put strings in hall and corridor to peg up the cards tomorrow - but at least all empty boxes are out the way, back in the loft. I think we all three need a quiet evening now. We intend to all get to church together tomorrow - J seems to have left the old parish church again, so is coming to URC with us. It will be a "home grown" service again - by members of the worship planning group - usually the most enjoyable., and the last before Christmas. 4th Sunday in Advent, so I guess we shall have the old "Four Candles" joke again!
  • Oh dear, OG, I have never thought of the Advent wreath as linked to the 'four candles' joke. Now I will not be able to look at it in the same way ever again - starting tomorrow! I had to light the three candles last week and thought - not for the first time - what a lovely tradition it is. And I get to do the Christmas Day one this year as well - hope they don't place it under the smoke detector, which happened on one occasion. It certainly added to the enjoyment of the service!
  • I'm feeling festive after decorating the tree whilst playing my favourite Christmassy songs. Then when I stopped to organise dinner, there was a knock on the door and we had a visit from some relatives singing carols, which included a cute granddaughter of theirs aged 3, who was wide eyed and excited! She solemnly handed us some home made chocolates, and was greeted by Bonnie.

I've actually wrapped a few presents but there's lots more yet to do!

• Hello all, not been on for a few days as been busy wrapping presi's which were delivered up to Nottingham today, plus other ones for the family. I know all of you are being kept busy at this time of year but amidst it all find time for yourselves even if for only 15 mins. not easy I know.. Finally got the cake marzipaned yesterday and will ice tomorrow.
    Giving church a miss in the morning as we have the usual Carol Service in the evening and have been asked to do a reading too.. Have decided to go to the Christmas Day service at the Parish Church where our dau goes instead of the church I attend. The one at the Church I go to starts at 10am whereas the other one at 10.30am so dau doesn't have to be out too early.
    Keep hearing on the news about the terrible fires in Aussie and how some people have lost their lives but also a great deal of homes have been lost to them. Thinking of you all at this time and especially AQ - do hope you can have a
    lovely Christmas with family.

Haven't gone back to read all the news but hopefully everyone is keeping well. Have a great Christmas folks with family and friends. I know we will all be busy in the next few days and may find it difficult to post on here frequently.
  • Just quickly looking back when I last came on. Oh Annette, sorry for the abreviations. As you've guessed B$B is bring and buy, messy church is actually a more open church doing crafts etc with families and a short talk given.
    M?Cr is Manchester which is where I come from, well a village outside called Worsley which is classed in the district of Salford.. As for scived, we don't seem to use that word too often these days, do we. Just thought I'd update on those abbreviations. Have a lovely Christmas.