Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 December 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on 12 December (11 December for you, Annette and bjane), and it's called the "Cold Moon." 

Everyone have a wonderful week and don't stress over the upcoming holiday. 

• We have friends who stay up more or less all night, to see the likely result of an Election. I prefer to get my sleep! But if I wake at about 6.00am I might be tempted to go online for a peek...... This seems to be one election where no one can really predict the outcome. But I had to agree with someone on TV yesterday, who said that they wished there was a box on the ballot paper saying "None of the Above"

Had a successful outing with sis in law, we both got presents in John Lewis and then had a hot chocolate and shared a big slice of lemon drizzle cake. Then off to M&S where we braved the busy Food Hall.
  • Morning all: I too shall be watching the UK election results; it's a really important one. I subscribe to the Guardian online so I imagine they'll be all over it too.... Meanwhile, I see one of Boris's aides used naughty words to a TV person this morning. :-)

Lindybird: Good luck with the cables.   

I see that Greta Thunberg has been chosen Time magazine's Person of the Year.  I'm going to buy a copy for my great-granddaughter....   :-)

• Victory!! Writing this on our newly plugged in and working pc. Thank Goodness. I was worried about it and thought that if we didn't get it right 1st time, we'd have to Get A Man In.
  • I'm seriously impressed,LINDY!
    Well, tomorrow is the big and very important day. I'm sure that we all here have our own concerns about the outcome. And to quote Tom Hanks ' and that's all I'm going to say about that'. Heck, I've forgotten the title of the film.......
  • LOL, DIANE!! - I thought I was the only one who was excited!!

So relieved....

Now, all we have to do is find a home for everything we took out of the room. Hoping to fill an entire wall with books!
  • Lindy - Well done! I had desktops for ages, and always dreaded having to move them. Laptops are so much easier!

Election? What election? I am trying to make my home an election-free zone, but people keep putting things through my letter box reminding me! I'll be taking the Minutes at a bowls club committee meeting - aren't I the lucky one?!?!?
  • Had our day out today, postponed from last week. Day started with hailstones before breakfast - lots of little ones, and there were other rain showers, but always when we were under cover. Temp range was between 4 and 6 degrees, but we have a frost and ice warning for tomorrow. We began the day by dropping J off at work (he now has a late start Wednesday on the latest revision of his timetable). We crossed the border and went to Dobbies garden centre to get scones and various Christmas goodies (as if we haven't got enough!). Fortuitously, it was 20% off day (I think we had missed a members mailing) so that made it worthwhile! We both had a jacket potato with coronation chicken for lunch. We then called at Cranston's butcher/deli for some of their lovely Ullswater Pie for Friday's lunch - J is going to take a portion for his packed lunch tomorrow. I also wanted to buy some birthday cards there at Orton Grange as I have not been making any for a while. Then we came home via Asda for three things and ended up buying six!

We all use postal voting, so tomorrow doesn't loom large in the calendar; but I am not looking forward to Friday - we could wake up to a very changed scenario, or more of the same … . I don't really see this election as a resolution of the Brexit question, which still remains on the table.

Tomorrow, OH is attending a Carers' Christmas Lunch at a small hotel in Gretna. I shall enjoy a simple cheese and pickle sandwich which will be good after today's indulgence!