WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2019

Only 24 shopping days to Christmas!   

PatO:  There was a discussion on the radio this morning about Black Friday having spilled over into the preceding and following days and even weeks.  Watch out!  It will soon by Cyber Monday, to be followed by Giving Tuesday.  (Today is Small Business Saturday.)    Then it will be When Will-It-Ever-End Wednesday,  Thoroughly-Fed-up-with-It Thursday and For-Heaven's-Sake-Enough-Already Friday! etc., etc.....

Lindybird: Hope Tomasz had a super b/day and that you had a good ride home.

OG:  No speech necessary to Chat here!

Raining again today.   I went down to Ventura to look for a couple of things early this morning.  Found them all at TJMaxx after fruitless and overwhelming brief stop at the nearby mall, which was still very quiet that early.   If you know Ugg boots, the company that makes (Deckers) them has its corporate headquarters a mile from us just across the freeway - and an outlet store in Oxnard, where things are half price or less. This morning, they had Ugg ankle boots for $14.99 - all in large sizes (didn't need any; didn't buy any).   I watched a couple take an entire stack and load them into their car, presumably to sell somewhere else for more money, which I though was a bit rude, but nobody asked me.

Anyway, have a good Sunday all.  

• I must have a go at this game and see how many times this posts! Horrid day here, with lots of rain. Never mind - I can see it clearly now, as my inside windows were cleaned this morning. They are only done twice a year and I never realise how dirty they are until they are clean - if you know what I mean. Also a good opportunity to cull the stuff that seems to appear on window sills and sit there ...

Right - now to press the 'reply' button - just once!
  • I think that's the secret, Pat - only press it once!!
  • Just cleaned my kitchen windowsill and found that a spider had made one of my ornaments, a rather silly looking goose, into his spider larder! Had to run hot water into the hollow inside of the ornament to get rid of all the web and dead flies...ugh. Must stress that its only a fortnight since I washed everything down before...

Now, looking up, I can see lots of dust collected on the window blind of the kitchen window, as we hardly ever put the blind down and its mostly ornamental. Its only used when we have a heatwave (that's about once every two years, here, and only if it lasts for more than one hot day) to keep the sun out of the kitchen. If anyone is walking past on the footpath at the bottom of our garden, between us and the view you see occasionally in my pics, and they can see me in the kitchen, I'm definitely not in glamorous mood! - usually in my dressing gown or in my old sweater.... I will have to ask my useful OH to get the blind down and clean it before we start on Chr. decs.
  • Heather That's funny what you say about your Daughter -mu Eldest and I had an uneasy time during her teens and she left home at 19 to work for the  YHA (Youth Hospital Association) in various parts of the country. But since she has had her own children I see posts from her to the effect "God Help Me I am Turning into my Mother" which I find so amusing.

Also my Son has a way of breathing and sighing that sound just like my Mum - its so weird isn't it!

• Yes, we all seem to turn into our parents, eventually.

Not always a good thing, but sometimes comforting in a way. Strangely, I find I sound like my grandmother when on the phone - - she used to go "hmmmm" in pauses, and I find I'm doing it, too!! :-O
  • Dry again today. Off for a grocery shop......

Everyone have a good weekend.
  • Seems the multi-posts stopped overnight. They did make for difficult reading.

LINDA I guess you have a busy weekend moving that big desk in time for carpets on Monday. Take care lifting, both of you.

Hoping to do some Christmas wrapping today, and get to church tomorrow (after missing about 5 weeks!) to hear prospective new minister and vote on his appointment - the proposed 25% will give us 40 hours a month; definitely worth having, and will give some of the "old faithfuls" a bit of down time.
  • HEATHER - pleased to see the two Granddaughters did your decorations again - that has become a new family tradition!
  • I hope that you got and out of the shop quickly, LINDY. Everyone seems to be going crazy. I have enough food for the weekend so won't have to venture outside.
    Amy and Katie put the Christmas tree up, then had their meal, before decorating it. They have made a good job of it, I'm very grateful.