WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2019

Only 24 shopping days to Christmas!   

PatO:  There was a discussion on the radio this morning about Black Friday having spilled over into the preceding and following days and even weeks.  Watch out!  It will soon by Cyber Monday, to be followed by Giving Tuesday.  (Today is Small Business Saturday.)    Then it will be When Will-It-Ever-End Wednesday,  Thoroughly-Fed-up-with-It Thursday and For-Heaven's-Sake-Enough-Already Friday! etc., etc.....

Lindybird: Hope Tomasz had a super b/day and that you had a good ride home.

OG:  No speech necessary to Chat here!

Raining again today.   I went down to Ventura to look for a couple of things early this morning.  Found them all at TJMaxx after fruitless and overwhelming brief stop at the nearby mall, which was still very quiet that early.   If you know Ugg boots, the company that makes (Deckers) them has its corporate headquarters a mile from us just across the freeway - and an outlet store in Oxnard, where things are half price or less. This morning, they had Ugg ankle boots for $14.99 - all in large sizes (didn't need any; didn't buy any).   I watched a couple take an entire stack and load them into their car, presumably to sell somewhere else for more money, which I though was a bit rude, but nobody asked me.

Anyway, have a good Sunday all.  

• Good Morning. Still dark here - hate these winter days but just have to plod on without looking outside.

Good that the ancient trees are safe. I get quite emotional about trees, especially when they've seen so much history pass them by. See that you enjoyed the film, Annette. There will be a few new releases over the next couple of months, as the award season approaches on the horizon.

Sent my Youngest the photos, and he doesn't want the furniture, but may offer it to another family member who seemingly needs garage storage. Also discussed what Youngest & wife would like for Christmas, which looks as if it may drag on somewhat <sigh>

Must get my breakfast down and begin to tackle the remainder of the stuff which needs to be moved. Once that's done we can root about and get out the outdoor Christmas lights. Not sure when they're going up, though!
  • I've got Katy and Amy coming here later, to do tree and decorations. It is a bit early for me but can't look a gift horse in the mouth . I asked them what they wanted to eat and they have requested chicken goujons and chips. Couldn't be easier! I'll have salad stuff available but I'm not holding my breath.

AQ - I enjoyed reading about the concert, thank you ! Had to chuckle about writing things in the diary. I have a desk diary and everything goes in it - even which refuse bins are being collected each week.

ANNETTE - I've quite forgotten which film is being discussed - some things stick in the memory banks but not all (see above).

OG - I'll lend you my veins - they are a phlebotomist's dream

Youngest daughter an I had an interesting conversation this morning. I mentioned that even when the radio is on during the night and the programme is of interest to me, my thoughts are racing, all sorts of stuff pops into my head. I wondered if I might be ( ever so slightly!!) manic... To my surprise, she said that she is exactly the same. Whatever she is doing, she is always thinking about other things, even when watching a film on TV. Like me, she can see patterns on things like wall and floor tiles where there are none -faces etc. She and I are like chalk and cheese in other respects in that I can be very chatty and she is very quiet.
  • Five times? That must be a record, even for me.
  • I can't seem to be able to delete, sorry folks.
  • Six times? I'm now on a tablet and still can't delete. Hope this only posts once..

• Lots from you, Heather!! - LOL!! Hope it's settled down now.

Shifted lots more stuff this morning, then there was only the pc. desk left. We both examined it with mounting horror - I'd been hoping to just lift it out of the room, complete with most of the pc and the connections. But it's far too big: we must have built it at least in part, in the room. Even if my OH takes the door off, we can't get it out without taking it apart. Good job we've now got two days to see to it!

It's raining again, now. Ugh. At lunchtime it was so warm and dry, I even pruned a shrub when I was filling up the bird feeders.
  • Lots from you, Heather!! - LOL!! Hope it's settled down now.

Shifted lots more stuff this morning, then there was only the pc. desk left. We both examined it with mounting horror - I'd been hoping to just lift it out of the room, complete with most of the pc and the connections. But it's far too big: we must have built it at least in part, in the room. Even if my OH takes the door off, we can't get it out without taking it apart. Good job we've now got two days to see to it!

It's raining again, now. Ugh. At lunchtime it was so warm and dry, I even pruned a shrub when I was filling up the bird feeders.