Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 November 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• DIANE - from what I can see, I have to clear things manually. The next time that my eldest son in law visits, I will ask him to double check for me.
  • OG - I mentioned that Callum's girlfriend has psoriatic arthritis. I know that you have that as well as osteo and rheumatoid. She does seem young to have it.
  • Morning all:  

AQ:  I too was interested in the City of Adelaide item.  Wonder if they'll attempt more restoration..... It looked like just a shell from the images..   "Left to rot in Scotland" doesn't sound good.  :-)  

Diane:  Somehow missed the groundhog item - assume you have more carrots on hand?

Heather:  My nephew has psoriatic arthritis - and has a horrible time with it, but he's in his 50s.  He's had it a while and I think it flares up with stress (like so many ailments).  Isn't there a dietary component that can worsen it - tomatoes???

Lindybird: Don't hold your breath re Black Fridays going away.  Wonder who your millionaire neighbor is...

OG: Good you're all doing better; hope that J is successful in getting his licence back.  Maybe you can make it to the store for that new TV around dinner time early one evening before the sale ends?  I've found that people typically don't do late-night Xmas shopping until the last day or so, often it's men, looking like deer caught in the headlights....

Sunny here today but more rain due this week.   Meanwhile, the Arizona contingent has 4 inches of snow and it's still falling - and staying....

• Thanks ANNETTE, I have been reading online but just wanted to know how it was, if it progressed and how.
    I've read all your news, everyone, will try and remember posts and reply !!!
    An emotional day for me, eldest son in law came and transferred all my late OH's pictures to my PC. I hadn't realised that there were so many, his PC is still here but I haven't been brave enough to attempt working on it. It is almost three years since he died but it feels like three months. Enough said.......
  • Good evening. Afternoon ended in chaos - OH late from shopping at Tesco, J had to be rescued from being virtually frozen to the spot before he reached home (I suspect trouble with his hypothalamus due to shortage of thyroxin), too late to cook planned meal, but had a good restaurant takeaway, and I have made plans for what wasn't eaten.

HEATHER - I noticed what you said about Callum's girlfriend's Psoriatic Arthritis - no respecter of age, I'm afraid, and of course she has been through a stressful time. . BTW, I don't have Rheumatoid - but the two are enough! Have you ever thought of getting external storage for all those photos - it would be awful to lose them due to shortage of space? Sorry it is such a difficult time of the year for you - love and prayers.
  • Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving those of you over in the States. Belated I know.

Have not bee on for a day or two as trying to sort out a computer for OH as his has gone very slow and is a little outdated. We are buying it him as a family present. Managed, with some help from my tech guy, to find one, order it, so it will come next week. Hew. done. Just got brother, his partner and dau's CP to get now and then all done.

AQ - you seem to be feeling it. Be positive, Hopefully we can send some rain from here to you.

Pat O - Oh dear, another suffering the vagaries of our British traffic. It has increased so much now and what with road works and all, puts minutes.....on our journeys. Road works sprang up on the main road into N'h'ton the other week just outside our village. Its a busy road so you are held up for a period of time, mind you not as long as you. Take heart, surely they will be over soon.
  • OG – Back story. The power shutdown was for “maintenance”. OH believes it was to connect newly-built houses in our area. The internet problem is an intermittent problem with the wonderful [!] NBN – National Broadband Network. An Aussie-wide new scheme that is taking forever to “roll out”, costing more than planned and most people are not happy with. My opinion is that it has taken so long that it is obsolete. But I am a cynic.

ANNETTE – Plans are to continue restoring the City of Adelaide aka Carrick. More info here or on Wikipedia.

PAT – We cannot drive anywhere without passing multiple roadworks. Trouble is that various work stages are contracted out and there is no continuity, hence the witches hats & slow signs remain for months. One major motorway upgrade has been underway for, I think, 2 years. A saving of 3½ minutes driving time has been promised when finished. How many minutes lost while under construction?

LYNETTE – We had a little more wet stuff from the sky overnight.

Many years ago a Doc suggested that the potato family aggravated arthritis. ie spuds, tomatoes, eggplant, capsicum. Doc said f-i-law tried and announced that life was not worth living without potatoes!

• g;ad to hear that AQ.

Thanks for all your news. Been a little colder and sunny down here today, rain has finally dissipated for now.

Have a good weekend all.
  • And a final word on Black You-Know-What. It is lasting all weekend here!!!!