Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 November 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• My OH rang up the clinic this morning, as we have heard nothing at all since he had the large suspect mark removed from his leg, some weeks ago now. The person on the other end said "We wrote to you on the 13th!"

After asking her to read out the letter which she said had been sent, he understands that they found nothing untoward and so it's benign.
  • Great summary, LINDY and good to have the update from OG and family.
    I get so envious when I read about new carpets, I can't justify the expense but would like to make the house look more modern!
    ANNETTE - looks as if you'll be giving away a lot of oranges next year...

Another dull and misty day here. The window cleaner turned up today, after seven weeks. I haven't yet deduced any pattern to his visits which is frustrating as I have to be here to open side gates to give him access to the rear of the house.
  • OG/EE - Glad you all seem to be recovering. It seems you have all had different bugs and viruses - not good. Your medicine cabinet must be very full at the moment. Hope you will all be better soon - good to hear J is back at work. I am in the same boat with our church magazine. I worked really hard last week (getting to church at 6.45am on three consecutive mornings!) to get it all set up, printed the covers which are in colour, and then discovered 'someone' - yes, I know who you are!!! - had changed the printer driver and I now can't get the printer to do what it has done quite satisfactorily for the past seven years. I really wish people who don't know what they are doing would not fiddle without consulting to the people who have to use the equipment and know what they're doing!!! Sorry - end of rant!!!

Lindy - Glad there is nothing sinister with OH's leg. It horrible when you are waiting for results.

It's been a really miserable wet day here today. Hope it's brighter tomorrow ... my friend is convinced she has SAD -I think we will all have it if we don't get some decent weather soon.
  • Morning all;

EE:  Thanks for updating us and we know you'll keep a close eye on OG, but take care of yourself too.

Diane: I hadn't seen that CBS piece on the condors and was unaware the LA Zoo was so involved - in fact they created the program. I gather the San Diego Wild Animal Park was involved too. The Sespe Condor preserve is 'down the road' just over an hour but is closed to the public.  I remember seeing them on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon when I was there with my niece in 2018.  Apparently, there are about 160 in the wild in Arizona, Utah and in the Central California (around Big Sur), including 30 in Baja California.  We have some 'disabled' condors at the Santa Barbara Zoo, held in huge aviaries.  

Lindybird:  If you find out where I'm traveling, let me know!  I love mystery tours.  :-)

• Annette -- I know you went somewhere not too long ago..... but when, (or where) I don't know! I have to keep a daily diary myself, to remember what I've done & where I've been, otherwise I can't remember further back than yesterday. Sorry if I'm muddled....

Edit:  When I began my description of our news, I wished I hadn't started,   LOL!!

Pat, I think most of us have had a miserable sky today. I did some laundry but no chance of putting it outside. But I can see, in spite of the murky light today, that our spidery friends have been busily putting webs around our light fittings. Urgh.

• Evening all:

PatO;  How frustrating re the printer driver.  Did you ever get the print the magazine?   Maybe your friend with SAD can get one of those special full-spectrum (?) lights to sit in front of to help her mood?

Lindybird:  That's funny.  If I could remember where I'd been it would help!  :-))   Oh my.

No yoga class tonight.  A fire broke up around 4:30 this afternoon at the top of Highway 154, about four miles east of us.  I got an emergency alert on my phone and could see the flames from the patio; it's now traveled down the hill toward populated areas and they've issued mandatory evacuation orders for folks south of the fire and just north and east of us.  We've got a fire-fighting helicopter that can fly at night going back and forth and we've had brief power outages. Stronger winds from the north are due overnight, but they're very light here right now.  We're glued to the TV and probably won't get too much sleep tonight....

• Sorry to hear about the nearby fire Annette, I'm sure they will get it under control. To everyone else hoping you recover from the various ills soon. I'm still suffering from a bad head cold and had started taking a decongestant but it may have affected my blood pressure which I monitor regularly as I get spikes and the doctor wants a record - over the last few days it has shot up, so will stop the tablets and call the doc. They operate a triage service so before you get an appointment at the surgery the doctor will call you to discuss the problem and it works really well and I'm sure stops a lot of unnecessary appointments. Quote mild here in Suffolk 12 degrees today but getting colder towards the end of the week. Have a good Tuesday all.

• Take care, HARELADY, I'm sure the doc will sort you out, good that you are monitoring your BP. My youngest's GP practice also operate that system, when it works, it is good.
  • Good Morning, All. Hope the situation has calmed for Annette: that sounds scary.

Harelady, sounds as if you have good doctors there: get yourself well soon.

Grey and dull here, again.