Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 November 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Diane - Thank you. It seems a very long and complicated process, but I'm sure there are good historical reasons for that. And of course, the next question is - if, as you suspect, Trump is not convicted (even though from my view this side of the pond he is plainly guilty), how will this affect his running for a second term? That's probably even more complicated, and without any clear answer.

I've lived my life letting politics pass me by, on the whole. But with so much going on in the world, I am beginning to want to understand more ... probably not possible!

Enough! I'm off to bed. Sleep well, everyone. Or garden well. Or - whatever you are all doing ...
  • Thanks DIANE for spelling out process. Our media is full of political drama, yours & UK, not ours for a change LOL

Much cooler this morn, blue sky. SA fires under control. The worst came very close to Edithburgh with residents sheltering on beach. 5 homes lost, 6 damaged, many more sheds, machinery, crops ready to harvest, livestock. And it is only spring, we still have summer to come. I saw a report of a woman who rescued a disorientated koala in NSW fire. He was heading for the flames, she took off her shirt, wrapped the koala and took him to a rescue site. Smoke has been blanketing Sydney, Brisbane & places between for weeks. It is not just wood smoke but contains dangerous particles from burnt plastics & other man-made products. Can cause serious respiratory problems. So much doom & gloom. Nanny duty this arvo & Little People should brighten my day.

• Gosh, that's nicely in a nutshell Diane. Thanks.
    It's an unusual thing, an impeachment: but I remember 1st hearing about it when they discovered what Tricky Dicky was up to! (Richard Nixon, for those younger readers).
    I hope Heather has taken the opportunity to have a rest.

We've not heard how OG is getting on, but I do hope she is OK now.
  • Pat I've never been much into politics as over the years I've come to view most politicians as just in it for themselves, & possibly as people who have never done "a proper job" in their lives. How does that qualify you to run a country?? However, I've never seen people in this country so galvanised nor talking so much about the situation so much as in the last few years. We do our best to keep abreast of events and to understand the complexities. But now & then I must admit to literally switching off!!
  • AQ - The poor koala and his kind rescuer were on our TV news. What dreadful fires they are... the speed is terrifying.
  • Annette, I saw a small part of Dr Hill when they were covering the event live on TV here. She was very impressive.
  • Evening all:  Waiting for a friend whose husband (and a friend of ours) died several weeks ago.  We've had her over for dinner a couple of times and I'll be helping her sort out her (much smaller, thank heaven!) garden next week.

Diane:  Thank YOU.  I did indeed go out to work in the garden, which makes me forget all about the rubbish in DC.  I didn't realize the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court oversaw the Senate proceedings.

Like Diane: I don't think the Republicans will vote to impeach - God only knows why. Trump seems to have met all the requirements for impeachment.  What made me smile today was that Dr. Hill was so smart that they sort of gave up questioning her toward the end and started ranting about the Steele dossier of all things.

AQ; I saw something about a rescued koala and will have to look it up again.   Glad the fires have settled a bit, but as  you say, it's only spring.....

Will be able to lie in tomorrow morning and not rush out to turn on TV at 6 a.m.  Bliss.  

• LYNETTE- I forgot to say, yesterday, that I don't feel able to advise you on the tablet purchase, I'm not very smart with things like that. I have three Kindle Fire tablets, of varying age ( one belonged to OH and the third was a gift). I'm not sure what you mean by sync with computer files but mine are all connected to the internet and I read and send emails, read Facebook etc. That is all I use them for as I don't have a proper antivirus thingy on them. My desktop PC does have protection so my documents, finances and bank work are done on that one. I hope someone here will be able to help you!

• Annette: I'm watching the (re-run) of the Fiona Hill hearing. She is very impressive. 

• Good morning. It's been raining here in the night, but at least its warmer today.

I can't advise Lynette either as I've never had a laptop, only tablets. I'm very happy with my present tablet which is an Amazon Fire tablet. (Although at present I can't get this Site on it & am writing this on the small screen of my mobile. If it goes on like this I will not be posting as much nor as often......)

Have a good Friday everyone.