Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 November 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• To all those poorly people, please get well soon.
  • Well I've got the impeachment hearings going on here and also trying to keep tabs on the Boris/Jeremy debate, but BBC isn't telling me I can't watch it live "in your region" so following updates on The Guardian web site. Will probably take a break and go grocery shopping if only to preserve my sanity.
  • Annette: You can watch the Boris/Jeremy debate HERE (at least I can). ITV live streamed it, but you can start at the beginning and watch the whole thing. NOTE: The debate starts at 7 minutes into the video. Just use your mouse to advance the video to 7 minutes. I don't know why they had 7 minutes of just a moving logo. I'm going to watch it later.

I missed some of the impeachment hearings, because I walked up the hill to get some food at the little general store in my small town (we have an old-fashioned general store now, just like in the Old West LOL). I will watch the part I missed later. 

If you missed any of the impeachment hearings, CBS News usually streams a re-run starting at 10:30 p.m. eastern time online at CBSN HERE.  I guess that would be 7:30 p.m. your time???

EDIT: Annette, ITV fixed their debate video. It starts from the beginning now, and you don't have to forward 7 minutes.

• This first time since last Friday I have not got 503 message. I am fed up with this site. No time to read or post now, must food shop before heat (42 C).
  • AQ: I'm sorry you're having trouble. Just as an experiment: COPY THIS LINK to your favorites/bookmarks and try accessing the site from it. Just a thought...

• Diane: Thank you for the link to the UK debate.  I went to ITV direct, tried to set up an account, but nothing happened.  I'l see how strong I feel tomorrow. I was glued to the impeachment stuff then had to go pick up some groceries. I heard it on the car radio and assumed they were replaying it, but no! It went on for hours. Everyone involved (including viewers) must be exhausted - and two more days to go.   But who the heck buys Jim Jordan's shirts!!?  And that constant "gotcha" smirk.  Arghhh!.

House is clean, refrigerator is full.  OH took me out to dinner tonight.  Plan to do Not Much the rest of this week. 

I assume Heather is recuperating from guests and that OG is simply recuperating.  

Take care all.

• Thanks DIANE. I shall try that in future. I was thinking that site only worked office hours, UK hours, as the only time I did not get 503 was when I should be prepping & eating tea. Nothing all (my) day, nothing after tea when I was free.

So much chat has passed. I do remember ANNETTE asked how long this drought in Aussieland. NSW & QLD have had 7 years. Some parts of our state, up around Peterborough & Orroroo, this is their 4th year.

OG – {{{HUGS}}} More than your fair share of woes lately.

HEATHER – Happy birthday. You are only as old as you feel, however there is a problem with feeling 50s when one has offspring in 40s.

Dau transferred nanny duty this week to Friday as today’s temp up to 43 in her suburb and duststorm late pm when I would be driving home. It is quite gusty & hot now (5.30 pm). Cool change expected in about 12 hours. Salad for tea.

• Morning all:  

AQ; Tx for info re drought - ours was 5 years long.  Do hope Oz gets some relief next season.  Meanwhile...   Also hope you don't get much more aggro trying to chat on here.

Diane: I did look at parts of the debate last night, but must admit was a bit burned out after DC happenings.  Don't any of these people realize that nobody takes election promises seriously (or am I just too jaded)?

Glued to TV already.  Looks like another long day of testimony and then more this evening.    Hope we get an  update on OG at some point.

And oh yes, just finished looking at The Guardian's web page where there's coverage of "100 Years of Scottish Life," a photo exhibit at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery. I love old photos...

• Hello! <waves>

Came on here 1st thing, on my phone, as it still won't connect my tablet with this Site. But then it wouldn't post & we were going out, so no time. <sigh>

Been off to Bents Garden Centre for an outing with my OH and his sister. Mind boggling amounts of Chr. decs everywhere and a surprising number of people there for a weekday. Rather tiring walking around it all, but we had a long sit down over lunch where sis in law had a prawn sandwich & we had a tomato soup so full of veg it was more like a bowl of vegetables!