Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 November 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on Tuesday, 12 November. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Lindy: I'm very glad that you've resolved your financial controversy. I hope the cream is working and your skin is healing, especially now that you can relax. I'm sorry about the champagne. I had no idea that it will turn like that. I assumed that like fine wines it would last indefinitely. Come to think of it, I can't remember ever drinking champagne.

• Heather B said:
    I have just looked online LINDY It would seem that if it isn't vintage champagne it should not be kept for more than a very few years :-(

I Googled it after our disaster, Heather.  It said 4 years was the maximum, so even if we had had it for celebration of Tomasz's birth, 9 years ago, it would still have been sub standard!

Diane, yes, we thought that like fine wines it would only improve. Never mind.  My late good Friend G used to treat us to "proper" champagne every New Year, as the bells rang out for the next year. I loved it!  But everyone doesn't necessarily enjoy it, it's one of those tastes which is controversial, I think. I've had it on a few other occasions, too. Nowadays it's been replaced rather by the much cheaper Prosecco, which is Italian in origin and because it's not so expensive, popular as a regular treat.