WEEKLY CHAT (Non-Osprey) Sunday, November 3, 2019

Happy New Week all - our clocks go back tonight (at least here in California).

• Pouring rain all day, here. Tried to sort out my Chr. cards, as I have some leftovers from last year as well as some charity ones I bought recently. Can't find last years...... boo.

Might just send all the "new" ones and sort the others out later, when they come to light. I heard that the Royal Mail are threatening to go on strike in December (cutting their noses off, to spite their faces) so it might be an idea to Post Early, as we used to be told.
  • Cold and damp here too, LINDY. I am averting my eyes from Christmas cards when shopping but do know that I have quite a few here (somewhere). I don't send many, these days.
    It has been a long day, awake for a few hours in the night then dozed until 5am. Alert - or what passes for it - since then. I'm used to it but every now and then wish for eight or so hours all in one go!!!!
    I'm hoping that OG had a good night and that J is OK.
  • None of us are well now! J woke OH at 3 am because he was cold, I woke him at 5 because I was hot. I am feeling shivery and queasy and forever on the loo, both the others have thrown up! Hospital bug or food poisoning - we don't know which. J is still extremely confused, but they are both in front of the TV now!
  • OG - so sorry to hear you are all unwell. Sounds like something you have all eaten, or possibly something from the hospital. How often do we hear these days that hospital bugs are so prevalent? Not a good thing to hear when we are led to believe our hospitals are clean and safe. I do hope you all recover very quickly, and that J will soon be back to himself again.

So sorry everyone seems to have had poor weather today. We have had almost wall to wall sunshine today - and I was playing bowls (indoors) this morning and at a meeting (also indoors) this afternoon. It would be great if the sun lasted until tomorrow, but it doesn't seem to be working that way lately,
  • OG: I'm so very sorry that you're all ill. I'd guess that it's food poisoning, given that you all developed similar symptoms at about the same time, but it could also be gastroenteritis brought on by a hospital infection. Please be sure to drink plenty of fluids. From what you wrote, you are all at risk for dehydration, especially you and J. Make sure you replace your fluids and electrolytes (sodium, potassium, calcium...).You may need an antibiotic, if it's bacterial and not viral.

IMPORTANT: OG, some types of food poisoning--such as Listeria--can cause confusion. (Listeria is serious.) Other forms of serious gastroenteritis (some hospital viruses or bacterias) can also cause confusion.

It's possible that J's confused state is not a result of the surgery (anesthesia, etc.), but a symptom of a bacteria/virus. This depends on the time and source of the infection that is making you all ill. If J continues to be confused or you all keep experiencing fever, you need to call the NHS/doctor. 

Take care of yourselves!

IS IT A STOMACH VIRUS OR FOOD POISONING?

FOOD POISONING (MAYO CLINIC)

GASTROENTERITIS (MAYO CLINIC)

NOROVIRUS (VERY COMMON WINTER BUG)

• Sorry to hear that all of OGs family are ill. I suspect it might possibly be the infection which is all over the place at present. I mentioned that both of my grandsons had it recently, they caught it at school of course, but it seems to be amongst the adult population as well.

The only consolation is that if it is, it's very short lived, and only lasts for 24 hours. I do hope so.
  • OG, So sorry to hear that you are all feeling unwell. Hope you all feel better very soon. Confusion can be a symptom of many things including sepsis which can be extremely serious. Perhaps a reason to see a doctor or perhaps even A&E if J is no better tomorrow.

Kind regards, Ann

• Evening all  Hope that by the time OG reads this tomorrow, everyone will be feeling a lot better.

• OG: I didn't mean to sound pushy, earlier. I was just worried about you folks this evening. Hope you're better!!!