Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON! 

The new moon (the dark moon) is Sunday. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Glad you two (three) decided you could get away this weekend, LINDA. I hope you might get a little bit of Welsh sunshine during your stay! When does your OH have his stitches out?

Sorry about new fires breaking out, ANNETTE, I hope your district remains safe.

Flu vaccinations this afternoon - no problems, just a horribly wet day to be out. We also shopped briefly in Tesco and went to post birthday present for Miri - three next week.

J is off to folk group this evening, then tomorrow we shall all be busy packing for next week, so I probably won't post again till we are there. Have a good weekend, all.
  • Will be thinking about you, EE and J.
  • Liked your story of the wee witch, Heather. How sweet.

OG -- Its supposed to be dry & sunny on Sunday, here. We will go for a stroll then. My OH has his stitches out ten days after the mini op -- he's already made an appointment. Taking off the dressing tonight, as its annoying him now, and attached to some hairs on his leg!! He should be able to bathe it, as long as he keeps it dry in between washes.

Will be thinking of you all next week.
  • Edit: How can Miri be three already!! : - 0
  • Time flies - I was just asking myself where October went!
  • ANNETTE - the fire in Ventura county sounds really bad. Thinking about you x
    Rain all night here by the looks of things, but much milder.
  • Good Morning. It's been raining all night here, and now it's hammering down. No wind, yet, thank goodness, but I think they're getting it in the south of UK.

Annette, thinking of you and all those threatened by the fire risk.

We are preparing for a couple of hours in front of the TV, for the exciting Rugby Final.
  • Visited my OHs family in Abingdon this past week. All went well and the weather was very kind to us.

Sadly my Uncle died while we were away and the funeral is a week on Monday at the same crematorium as Mum so that will be difficult. I am so pleased his daughter was able to make it from her home in France before he passed away. Very hard for her as she has lost her Mum, Sister and now her Dad in just a couple of years.

OG I hope all goes well for you and the family next week.
  • DIBNLIB - so pleased you managed to get down to Abingdon before winter sets in, and that it went well. Sorry about your Uncle, and the extra journey next week; I am sure your cousin will be glad of your support. Thanks for your kind thoughts (busy packing now if I can motivate the men!)
  • Dibnlib - condolences on the loss of your uncle. A difficult time for your cousin, lately.

OG - Hope you can all have a relaxed weekend, before the busy week you have ahead.

I was thrilled to hear the good news this morning that the Government have decided to ban fracking in the UK. I know it has been put forward as a "clean" way to obtain energy, but thought it was astounding that even those involved had to admit that they could not predict the effects of major fracking.