Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

OG: I left a couple of posts for you on the old thread. 

• Repair man and apprentice have been - can choose either microwave or oven for my meal this evening - lunch now is Greek Salad. The other two arrived at Wythenshawe half an hour before the first appointment - having stopped for a "second breakfast" on the way.

LYNETTE - Dibnlib is right, and I don't remember taking time out after cataract operations. The most important thing is to use the drops you will have been given (they usually ask if you have someone to administer them, but I found it easier to do them myself).
  • Glad you're getting somewhere on the repair & replacement front, OG. Enjoy your lamb dinner.

Hope things are going well for the menfolk.
  • Dibnlib - I'm sure everything will go well with your cataract procedure, and you will be amazed at how bright and clear everything looks immediately. The most important thing I was told was not to bend forward - so no washing your hair in the basin, or picking things up off the floor! I was also told not to hit a golf ball - but that may not be relevant for you!. Are you having the second one done quite soon after the first? I felt a bit 'unbalanced' when the first one had been done - perfect vision out of my right eye and very blurry out of my left. Couldn't wear my former glasses of course. I only had a week to wait in between, so it wasn't too much of a problem.

Heavy rain here all day so far, including thunder and lightning. The rain was battering on the roof of the bowls hall as we were playing, but slackened just about enough for me to dash to my car to come home. Not nice!
  • PAT It is Lynette who is having her cataract done. I had my right eye done in 2013 and the left in July this year.
  • Morning all:

Lynette:  Friend just had cataract surgery (also told 'no bending down for a few days') and was thrilled with a more colorful world.

OG:  Geez, a busy and somewhat frustrating week by the sounds of it.  Do let us know how the guys get on.  Will J's cold interfere with the surgery at all?  Hope not.

AQ:  I too was curious about the pool-before-house plan.  Does the family have kiddies and will you be subjected to shrieks from pool visitors on summer days?  

Daughter here so busy visiting and catching up with things.  Was supposed to cool down today but no, now it's Saturday - or so they say.

• Hi. Menfolk are on the way home. Despite his cold, they are sure J will be fit for surgery, and he did have enough voice for the vocal cords test. He was given some more details about the hospital and the surgery and recovery and OH seems sure we have booked the correct length of time down there.

Still dry and very sunny here, and about 14 degrees - possible rain this evening and frost overnight.
  • Oops - sorry.

Lynette - see my message above!
  • Started going dark 5pm, drips by 5:30, raining by 6pm and since!

Finished magazine, apart from proof reading and corrections - and adding in a page from OH which I seem to have "lost" - hope he still has his copy!
  • LINDA & OG – I rarely drive down the street behind us, so I shall be nosy and drive past the vacant block next outing.

Cool change overnight, 19 & expecting showers.

Mini travel saga of last weekend, coffee stop at Tailem Bend, lunch at Bordertown with some gift shop purchases for Little People’s Xmas (cattie, doggie & fishie on keyrings). Brief stop in Frances, a dying town, I captured 2 churches now private, 3rd church demolished. Across the border to Victoria, raining on and off. Rain came down in Goroke as I blew down Church St (2 churches still in use, 3rd sold, 4th demolished), umbrella blew inside out making photos difficult. Next stop Edenhope, somewhat larger town but very quiet (everyone at cricket??), on to Apsley, more rain, 2 more former churches. Back to Naracoorte to motel for dinner & bed.

• Sunday morn visit to world heritage listed Naracoorte fossil caves (discovered 1969). I gave it a miss as I feared too much walking involved. Instead I had a lovely quiet time in visitor centre and cafe. I went through a re-creation of the landscape with megafauna growling, heads moving. Although I knew it was not real, it was quite scary! I came around a corner to see a huge snake and it moved too - a 6 metre wonambi reconstructed. Some 20 major fossil deposits found in the cave system, with 110 different species of animals identified, 25 extinct. After lunch in Naracoorte, long drive home.

Town sign features a metal recreation of fossil found in caves, marsupial lion.

Diprotodon recreated outside visitor centre.