Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

OG: I left a couple of posts for you on the old thread. 

• Heather, be careful looking up and reaching. It's a known thing that you can cramp the blood vessels at the back of your neck by looking up, and you can faint. It happens sometimes in hairdressing salons, apparently, when they wash people's hair.

I'll go and look at the plates now!!
  • LINDY - yes, I only do it in short bursts, I get positional vertigo from time to time anyway. I'm forbidden by the children to go up ladders but I can reach the vine by standing on a chair :-)
  • Had an exciting trip to the supermarket this morning. Was standing in line at the checkout and there was a sudden almighty bang and the whole front of the store shook and the vertical display along the front window was jolted forward. Turns out some older gentleman had hit the wrong pedal, driven up onto the pedestrian area and into the potted plant display, sending that into the front windows. He was shook up; the windows were all crackled but nobody was hurt. He reversed back into a parking place, but the store manager and others came out, helped him out of the car and a store employee parked the car. We all thought it was an earthquake at first.

Fascinated by all this talk of paganist marriages and hand-fasting ceremonies. Not a trend here from what I gather...
  • ANNETTE – Every few days someone here manages to drive into shop; mostly elderlies and sometimes described as a “medical episode”.

Who turned up the heat? Temp has been gradually rising and today we are expecting 37 C and windy. Fire bans across most of state. Fires interstate still worrying – warnings across TV screen to “leave now” for one town in NSW yesterday.

Action on vacant block behind us. OH took step stool out to peek over fence (tut tut, I was not home) and discovered a swimming pool installed. Of course, pool first, worry about roof over head second! The pool is furthest from our fence. We still don’t know if single or two storey; more importantly, whether windows overlooking our backyard.

Nanny duty was relatively easy so why is my back so painful this morn. One of the twins’ books I read was about the internet being like a puddle. Sometime one can get in too deep and need a safe adult to help. Interesting way to explain danger to little people. I mentioned that when I was a little girl, there was no internet . . . or computers or TV or SKYPE or mobile phones. If only I could show you MissJ’s stunned face. Dau came racing in to see. LOL

• That seems to be the way Lindy although OH does tend to stay with one on the whole. Too set in his ways.

Hi, been reading all you've been up to or reading about, makes for an interesting read.

Not a lot going on down here. Shopping coming tomorrow instead of Friday. Ordered about 4 days of Meals for One so that I don't have to cook straight after the op. Probably back to normal by Tues/Wed.
  • Lynette - Good idea to get some supplies in, so that you won't need to worry about meals. But I think you'll find you're OK after only a day or two. Will be thinking of you on Friday.
  • AQ - going to bed laughing about your description!!
  • Good Morning. Misty and grey here today. I'm off for my haircut, before it trips me up again.

Annette, goodness, that man could have killed someone. It seems to happen here in the UK now & then, and it's usually an automatic gearbox and an elderly person who's put their foot on the wrong pedal. Not long ago a woman drove off a jetty somewhere, into the sea!

AQ - Priorities, eh!  Swimming pool first.  How big is it?

• Oh dear! This week almost got away from me! There have been some interesting discussions going on here but despite my best intentions I didn't get back after Monday. Partly due to having been typing for Church Magazine until my leg ached under the desk and I had to get up and move around.

A quick summary of the week so far: on Monday, a disappointment: had to cancel the milk delivery which had seemed such a good idea; to start, it was left at the wrong door, then paperwork with it let me know the bottles are not the local farm fresh milk I thought I would get, but are bought in from one of the big distributers in Scotland, and thirdly the use-by dates were very short. So back to Tesco for the same milk at half the price! That afternoon was M&S shopping day, and we got all that was on the list. Tuesday at home all day. Man came to see freezer and pronounced it dead; we are still awaiting the insurer's replacement offer. Yesterday we all three went out for lunch and a bit of fresh shopping; J had recovered most of his speaking voice by then.

Today we were up at six for J to shower in time for the two of them to drive down to Manchester for J's pre-op check including his vocal cords. I am expecting the Neff oven to come home this morning, together with a man to fit a lightbulb in the new microwave. I am hoping one or other will be fully functional to heat my lamb Meal for One. Now I must continue the last touches on the magazine articles - final edit of two articles by someone who has interesting things to say, but not the language to express them - and then the lists such as service duties and diary page. Weather is improving - clouds rolling away to reveal that there is still a sun in the sky!
  • Hope all goes well for EE and J and that you get your lamb meal.

LYNETTEAfter the first cataract op I was fine the next morning and for the first time in years I was able to step down onto the drive without holding on to something for support. I didn't even realise I had done this until OH told me.