Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a wonderful autumn week!

The heat wave is over here. Going to turn cold!

• By the way, I noticed Diane's original post again today, and please don't worry, Diane, about the birthdays. We can all flag up our own birthdays if necessary! (I used to have a whole lot of them scribbled on a piece of paper, but goodness knows where that's gone!)

Personally, I told my family I wasn't going to have any more birthdays, as its still a shock to me every year that I'm more than 45.... .... ....
  • LINDY - my son is 52 today, I just can't believe it, since like you, I'm only 45 :-)
  • How did that happen, Heather!!

Watched the exciting drama this morning of Kipchoge passing the two hour barrier on the Marathon, what an achievement. And he seems to be such a nice, modest man, too in the interviews.

Dry here and quite pleasant. Been to the supermarket and didn't know whether to help an aged looking lady wandering the aisles, looking vague. She only had a bag of crisps in her basket, and was gazing at everything for a very very long time. I wondered how long she had been in the shop, when I saw her for the fourth time, wandering. Don't like to interfere, but I felt that if it were my mother, I would have wanted someone to say something to her. I couldn't catch her eye and decided to leave her to her privacy.

Got back to find my OH attacking the greenery in the garden with ferocity. He found a bird feeder item which had been lost in the summer, amongst the undergrowth. Now that he's taken out some of the bedding in the tubs, I can replant them with some jolly looking primulas and violas.
  • Hi, I hope everyone has begun the weekend well.

ANNETTE – J hadn’t been given an intended length of stay in hospital! I think the possible complications make it difficult for them to estimate, so we have just gone by the various times quoted on the web. We can be sure they will throw him out as soon as they can!

LINDA – sorry to see your OH missed another potential golf day due to the waterlogged course. Congratulations on the Woodpecker, but commiserations re the Rat! We have one less Sparrow now – after a successful visit by Mrs Sparrowhawk yesterday lunchtime.

HEATHER – I am also thinking it’s best to take the whole Thyroid gland at the same time – it must be easier to know how much thyroxine to give than trying to balance it with one half remaining.

AQ – glad you had a good visit from the Trio. Have a good trip into Yorke Peninsula.

Yesterday turned out very pleasant. We had things to do in the morning, so after a soup lunch the two of us went supermarket shopping and then to the Greta Gateway Outlet for a few things. The only rain we saw was as we arrived home there was a short but heavy shower. J went to his folk group in the evening and it was dry then, and since; so I have sent OH into the garden to tidy where the potatoes were, as today is similarly dry and sunny.
  • Morning all:  

AQ;  How high is Pildappa Rock?  Don't look!  I just Googled it (didn't immediately see the answer but did see photos of the picnic area that provided a sense of scale).  OZ is fascinating geologically.  I also liked (not really the correct word) the plaque remembering the young father {"loving daddy...") who died at Port Said in 1918, though I wouldn't have expected pneumonia.  Enjoy the outing tomorrow...

OG:  Agree that taking everything out should simplify  J's after care.  

Off for walk.....

Take care all

• Love the rock formations, AQ.

Just enjoyed a beef joint from M&S with red wine gravy around it. Yum! Sat in the warm conservatory this afternoon, and dropped off to sleep, awakening to the sound of rain: the gardening I'd intended to do had to be shelved.