Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 September 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY HARVEST MOON!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• I hope that you will feel better and less tired and sore soon, AQ. You enjoy your trips so much and we like reading about them :-)
    ANNETTE - brain fog, can identify with that. Hope things are improving. I'm behind with my filing but tend to sigh and wait for a day when enthusiasm ( or a weak variety of it) kicks in.
    OG - hope you are OK, home alone and that J gets a clear picture of what is going to happen and when.
    ROSY - I buy the roast pork dinner from M and S. Nothing is as good as home cooked but sometimes, needs must! I put a good dollop of apple sauce on the plate.
    LINDY - I guess you will be home soon, if not already. I bet your OH will head straight down to the allotment....

I'm going to Wales as said before, to spend a week with my friend, who was widowed a few months before me. She does have a lot of physical problems - now claudication and a dodgy knee, to add to everything else. She drives everywhere, which gets her out and about. To see her, you'd never guess how many conditions she is coping with. She is small and slim and wears tight leather trousers, very edgy jackets. A couple of years off eighty !!!!!!
  • Good for her, Heather. We are indeed home again, after a sunny journey back. My OH went to the allotment and brought the last of the tomatoes, and some green beans for our dinner. Then he mowed the lawn. I've been catching up on the post and on putting stuff away.

AQ -- What a shame its been uncomfortable for you, when you enjoy your trips so much. That sounds like a lot of miles covered - I think I'd need a holiday after that!
  • Morning all:

AQ: Just reading about that ride gave me a backache.   Do love that silo art! What a great opportunity for artists.

Heather: Hope the trip includes a bit of fun for the two of you.  Are you taking the train?   Tight leather trousers?  I don't think I ever wore those - tight  jeans at one time, but now comfort takes precedence....

Back later to check up on everyone. :-)

• Heather: Have a wonderful time in Wales! I was watching a Brexit-related news video today, and they showed the town of Elgin (in the Highlands). I think you have family there, if my memory isn't failing me. It was a really lovely town. 

AQ: I'm looking at your photos on Flickr. Like Annette, I also enjoy the silo art, especially the camel. I also liked:
    The Adelaide Scots Rooster Wind Vane
    The Kensington Wind Vane
    The Mount Barker Paterson Sundial
    Burnside Attunga vegetation and the balcony iron work (which looks like New Orleans)
    The austere Society of Friends Meeting House (We have an old, strong Friends --Quaker-- community here in my area.)
    The Coopers Rural and Hardware Supplies
    All the stained glass birds
    All the brick and stone work

Very nice photography, AQ. 

Annette: I watched the entire Impeachment Hearing today. What a show that was. Sigh.

Hi to all. 

• Good Morning, All. Dry here. Slept like a log, last night, in my own bed.

Not had time yet to look at AQs pics, but looking forward to it. I love the silo art, too. Only found out about it after seeing some of AQs pictures, and then seeing some on a travel programme.

Lots to do today.
  • Glad that you had a good night, LINDY, after the one before.
    DIANE - you are right, my youngest lives in Elgin and I agree - it is a lovely town.
    OG - thinking about you three x
    AQ - I haven't looked yet but will do, of course :-)
    Busy today, starting packing for flight on Friday.
    Also, sweeping up outside and washing table and chairs in the sittooterie. I can't believe how quickly the garden spiders make themselves at home!
    I sent details of our Highland Weather man to nephew in Canada. He misread the message and thought that the chap lived in Cambridge - actually Carrbridge! Oh dear.
  • HEATHER, I have just been reading about the seagull seen in Elgin with an arrow in its head. It appears in good health at the moment, and avoids capture by flying away.

I know what you mean about the spiders taking up residence. A couple of years ago, we gave an autumn party and I borrowed the communal tables and chairs from the garden. I brought them upstairs and turned them upside down to clean them, and spiders ran out in all directions. I will not be trying that again!

Just been interrupted by a long phone call, so will not add much else. AQ - I have not looked at the photos yet either, but will do so.

Best wishes to OG.
  • Safe journey to OH and J. Hope all goes well.
  • Diane:  Didn't watch it - how many more of these arrogant you-know-whats can this you-know-what Administration produce.   Sigh....   Did watch History Channel last night, which was showing 9/11 Inside Air Force One, which was really interesting.  They also showed 102 Minutes that Changed the World - a compilation of informal videos and associated audio (no other narration) taken by bystanders and other witnesses to the attack on the World Trade Center.  I started to watch it and then recorded the rest, but not sure I'll be able to watch it; the few minutes I did see were pretty distressing.    

Heather:  Haha re Carrbrdige/Cambridge.  One of the first questions people asked me when I arrived in the States in '63 was Did I know the Beatles?  (I assume your nephew does know you live in Scotland?)   :-)

Lindybird: Welcome home.

The tree people were due here today at 10:30 to sort out our huge Chinese Elm but are now coming tomorrow bright and early.  :-(

Take care all

• I'm thinking of OG, EE and J. Hope all goes well.

Been busy, as I said: also, as I got a voucher for some money off, I've just ordered some new shoes (I know, I know, I can't wear all of them if I've got too many.. .... but my OH was out when the last pair were delivered a couple of weeks ago.......)