Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 August 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SUPER NEW MOON (FRIDAY)

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful, happy week. It's almost autumn, and night is coming earlier now. I'm seeing nature signs that indicate it's going to be a harsh winter here.

• Give me marmite any day, never tried vegemite.
    AQ - glad the demolition work has stopped for now, enjoy the peace while you can.

Lindy - enjoy your time with Amber, must be growing up quite quickly now.

HeatherB - it is a difficult subject. I know OH is against I am for , we will have to see what the outcome is. Enough said.

I'm not sure what my phone is on, could be SIM only. Pay £10.76 monthly but ended up paying over £25 this coming month as I'd gone over my quota of MB, never done that before, and put an extra 1GB on. Now have added !GB monthly from today as data has renewed along with text and call allowances.

Deep breathing, Lindy, to try and calm yourself. We all get bad days.

Enjoy your weekend , folks.
  • I'm seething for you, Annette - hate it when trees are cut down unnecessarily. You'll miss it, too :-(

Talking of spiders, was just on the loo in our tiny bathroom (I know, too much information!) when I sensed someone looking at me. There was a humungous spider opposite me, underneath the washbasin. Told my OH and he asked "Do you want me to do anything about it?" I said that that was up to him, seeing as he'd already gone to bed. He then got out of bed, strode across and said "Where is it?"

After I'd got over the fact that he had missed seeing something so large, I pointed it out! He then reached down, grabbed it in one hand and flung it out of the window --- My Hero!! I did say though, that I would feel differently about getting up in the night, now. :-{
  • Good Morning. No spiders to frighten me, in the night, LOL!

The sun is shining and I just opened my birthday cards: my OH gave me one with a sad looking elephant on the front, but its says "How Old?" then "Never mind, you may be older than you've ever been before, but you're younger than you'll ever be again!!" Can it really be 50 years since I was 21!!! As Snoopy used to say, "Good grief!"

Going out for lunch later - description afterwards.
  • Thank you, Heather. Just off to wash my hair for the 3rd time!
  • Well, it is absolutely bucketing rain here! Hasn't stopped since last night. Gutters are overflowing, sittooterie roof is leaking, roads are awash and car drivers so thoughtless - I ventured out to Tesco and got soaked more than once, even though I was walking as far away from the edge of the pavement as I could.
    Yesterday we had high winds and the front fence between this house and next door almost blew down. I can't wait any longer to replace it and if my neighbour can't or won't share the cost then I will just have to grin and bear it.
    Sorry for the rant!!
  • Sorry, there are much bigger problems in the world than in my little corner of it.....
  • Heather: Is this the neighbor who threw the cuttings over the fence?  When are you planning to broach the subject of the fence?  Good luck.     I remember staying away from the curb during downpours but still getting swamped by passing cars - oh and those mud splatters up the backs of the legs!

Lindybird:  Have a lovely brunch.

• No, ANNETTE, it is the lady who bought Sheana's house, the other side. Do you remember me writing about Sheana, the old neighbour who we used to help?
    This lady has a son in his late twenties, with Down 's syndrome, she is carer for him. He is not able to function well, at all.
  • I meant to say, ANNETTE - how dreadful that the tree was destroyed in that way. Something similar happened here a few years ago :-(