The Scottish Ospreys from extinction to survival by Philip Brown

This is a wonderful book describing how the ospreys were first extirpated in Scotland around 1916 and then were found to return in 1954.

A number of people on the forum now have a copy so we can have a discussion about it.

Here is what the book looks like.  Its ISBN number is: 9780434089109

• After reading your suggestions and recommendations, I have just purchased both A Life of Osprey's and Scottish Osprey's, from Amazon, both used but in very good condition, plus postage for just over £10. After following LG this past several years and being on the forum, reading, understaning, learning, the banter and more, I have become quite obsessed and excited by these beautiful birds and wanted to learn more, so hopefully I will now. Thanks.

• Lynn L said:

After reading your suggestions and recommendations, I have just purchased both A Life of Osprey's and Scottish Osprey's, from Amazon, both used but in very good condition, plus postage for just over £10. After following LG this past several years and being on the forum, reading, understaning, learning, the banter and more, I have become quite obsessed and excited by these beautiful birds and wanted to learn more, so hopefully I will now. Thanks.

You will not regret buying those. 

• Another chance to have a look at this book.