WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JUNE 16, 2019

Happy New Week and Happy Father's Day!

• See you've had a mixed day, yesterday, OG.   Glad your appointment went well but sorry J had a frustrating time.

My OH went to the Docs originally because he's had indigestion on & off, to the point where I said "You must go and get something done about it" - he'd had chest pains but only when he was eating. Now he's taking antacids and eating more slowly, he's feeling much better, so it seems resolved. Good to know he's been checked out. It was when the Doc listened to his chest that he noticed his suspect moles.....

My troubles began when I got called in for a sort of bi annual check up - our surgery is beginning to work on "prevention is better than cure" and " catch things early in the elderly" I think.  But this time instead of a doctor I saw the practice pharmacist.

• OG: Dang! Hate to hear that J had a bad time at Occ.Health. Will that have any negative repercussions do you think? Good you got the all-clear at the docs.

Just in from zooming around town. Bumped into a friend at the gym and we had a very quick lunch. I then went to every place on my list but didn't accomplish much other than learning that my back up options are no longer back ups.
  • Nanny duty was full of chores as Dau, s-i-l, Trio & dog went camping over weekend. (Brrr) Not far but an experience for the Trio. That meant a backlog of washing, to fold dry and hang out latest load. OH came, read books, also MissL “helped” him empty dishwasher. MissJ “helped” me with washing up. Today best laid plans etc etc. Dau & I had planned a treat for her at Murattis. Alas MissL was sick overnight & is staying home today. Last I heard, MissJ was reluctant to go to Kindy alone. Usually she is more venturesome & MissL more clingy. Another milestone, going it alone!
  • AQ: Again, you win the Nanny-of-the-Month award. Are your equivalents on the other side helping out too? My granddaughter is off camping with Ms. D plus a friend and several other kids; daughter spoke to her and said she's exhausted. Surprise. d
  • Good morning all
    Am awake bright and early, made my morning coffee at 6am. The sky is looking 'not too bad' but there could be some showers lurking. I've yet to look at the rainfall radar map, which I find the most useful tool for telling me what the day will bring.

PAT - I was sorry to read about your friend's friend and her problems. I have been retired for a lot of years but even in the late nineties one could see that the service provision was just not up to scratch. I have a friend who ended up paying for counselling because she could not access anything suitable and timely via the NHS occupational health scheme.......

Speaking of which, OG, how very upsetting for you all that J had such a poor experience at his OH session. I'm happy though, that you have had a good result from the oncology clinic.

I'll have to come back here later, have just had a message from middle daughter indicating an accident regarding her foot....
  • Good Morning. Dull and a little wet here, which will not please my OH as he's gone off to golf expecting a dry day.

AQ, you are to receive a cardboard medal which is now on its way to you, its a NDATCD -- Nanny Duty Above the Call of Duty! Sorry you and daughter missed out on your treat.

Heather, hope your daughters foot problem is only minor.

I'm off to take yet another bag of stuff to the Charity shop (things removed from garage, plus books) and buy some grub from M&S. We have to prepare for Saturday, when Tomasz is having his first Communion. I'm requested to make a large chocolate cake as part of the afterwards feast
  • Back again. Daughter's foot injury was inspected at A and E last night. She didn't want me to be phoned by Callum or Amy last evening as she didn't want to worry me...
    She has plantar fasciitis and walking awkwardly which is probably why she caught her toe in the fireplace hearth, ripping off a toenail and some flesh. It was X rayed, no fracture but it is all strapped up.

LINDY- I could write a book about elderly men who use tall ladders when there is no one around!! Or more specifically, my OH who considered himself invincible....

AQ- I didn't have twins, thankfully, but had at least one preschooler for I think, 19 years. I could have done with someone as kind and helpful as you obviously are.

ANNETTE- back ups not backups?

I'm hoping to get the pressure washing finished today. I hate using it but needs must.
    Also hoping to hear from Denmark that their parcel has arrived. I posted it a week past Monday. Standard International rates, should have been 3-5 working days. I used the little Post Office in our local Spar shop. The young man who dealt with it is a newbie. Maybe it went into the wrong sack?! Frustrating, I've sent many parcels to Denmark over the years and this is the first time that one has gone astray.
  • Good morning, ALL.  Cleaner is here, so I have been banished to the study – hopefully having the time to post better replies!

LINDA – pleased your OH’s indigestion problem is solved.  Good that the doc was thorough enough to see moles – always best to be sure.  We are supposed to get an annual check-up with the nurse, but I have so much going on in between that I never get called – and I think they gave up on OH because they could never find anything!

ANNETTE – I don’t think J will get repercussions from the OCC Health fiasco – he had already reported the “professional’s” shortcomings to the school before she said she would be telling her employer that she refused to work with him anymore!  Sorry you found problems with your back-up options – hope you can get sorted.  Lovely experience for Miss D to camp with friends, but not surprised her Mom is tired!

AQ – sorry you and your OH had such a busy day – even with the Twins “helping”!  Are you likely to get called in extra to sit with sick Miss L?

HEATHER – we too have a bright start to the weather – although out of some windows I see clouds elsewhere in the area – in fact it is just going darker and a lady just walked by with her umbrella up – and OH was hoping to strim the grass later!  Well, literally, I was hoping he would otherwise he’ll be tempted to leave it till the next time of mowing!  Your Daughter’s foot must be so, so painful – I hope she will not try to work today!  Do take care with the power washer, and I hope you get news from Denmark about the parcel!

Not too much going on today – cleaner this morning and alarm system maintenance check this afternoon.  Probably lunch at garden centre on the way to Morrison’s shopping tomorrow.

• Morning all: Well I clearly didn't explain myself clearly.  What I meant was that I have fall-back plans that are now not fall-back but first options.  Nothing serious, just a lot of chores/projects....

OG: Oh good that J got his two-cents in before the woman at OccHealth complained.  I suspect there's a good chance some of her other clients may have problems with her too....

Heather:  I cringed when I read your daughter's injury.  Ouch!!!   "Extremity" injuries can be so painful - nowhere for the swelling to spread out!   But I seem to remember you mentioning her planter fasciits before.  Does she do exercises for that?   I had specific exercises to stretch the backs of my legs and especially the muscles/tendons behind my ankle to loosen the pressure under the foot.   Hope the Denmark parcel shows up...

Lindybird:  Chocolate cake - yum.  Are you going there or are they coming to you?  How old is Tomasz now?

We have painter/contractor coming today with floor guy to see about replacing carpet with different flooring, so must zoom off to Staples (office stuff), Nursery (to drop off recyclable pots), Habitat for Humanity (old trims/construction bits and bobs) and then Costco for basics (ahem, wine but Greek yogurt too).

• ANNETTE - J actually knows another client who has said similar things! Hope you can agree a decision re new flooring.

LINDA - pleased Annette mentioned your weekend plan, I had totally missed that! I hope you all have a good time celebrating with Tomasz - and eating cake of course!

Several quite heavy showers this afternoon prevented strimming, but OH was quite tied up with alarm engineer. and then had to be reminded to get the dinner in the oven. J phoned for a lift home after work because it was so wet. Nicer now - another sunny evening and barometer rising.