Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 June 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe week. 

I'm working on my freelance project, so I won't be posting for a little while, but I hope you all are well! 

dibnlib: You are in my thoughts, and I'm sending you strength. I'm so very sorry. 

• AQ: Chinese Elms!! We have them here and an especially lovely one right in our front garden that's huge and provides wonderful shade for the house on hot afternoons. :-))) Thank YOU! That made my day. I like the blue fleur de lis in that arched red-brick glass window; also the stained glass window (not quite a rose window) in the Kent Town church. Did you ever get that rain they forecast?
  • ANNETTE - Last Wednesday we had just under 40 mm of rain. Very welcome. It was patchy; some areas had very little. Since then we have had the occasional shower. The sun is shining now and my washing is crammed in the garage. I'm too lazy to move it.

• Good Morning. A bit grey here, but not actually raining at present. Its still cold for June. I've had laundry draped around indoors this week, as no chance to put it outside.

Thanks for posting your pics, AQ.

My OH managed to shower just his lower torso last night, as his sore chest heals. Not much sign of his listening to me any better, since he had his ears cleaned out!! Yesterday, he rushed off to the allotment, then came home and cut some hedges, and mowed the lawn, before taking Bonnie out. Then he sat down and said he was tired!
  • Thank you DIANE - I managed to view it on Amazon.com. And thank you, ANNETTE. I sometimes use the wheelbarrow but that trolley is good, in that it can be used for a seat as well.

I'll have to fly, lots to do before the family arrive. A bit of dusting wouldn't go amiss!
  • No time to look back at the mo. Thursday we left Inv in very dreich weather but after Aviemore things got better and better. This meant that we were able to enjoy a nice relaxing walk in the Helix Park where "The Kelpies" are situated. Friday we woke to a nice dry day. Mums funeral was very nicely done and enabled those who loved her so much to say a farewell in just the right way. We travelled back in good weather and collected Benson and gave him a walk in pleasant warm sunshine. This morning I swam and had coffee with a friend and in 40 mins another friend is picking me up to go for yet more coffee.
  • dibnlib:  So glad the drive wasn't too bad and that the service provided some comfort.  Welcome back home.  You will be swimming in coffee at the rate you're going.  :-)

Heather:  After our cat died, I appropriated a little foam pad with a nice soft top that we'd used as extra padding under her bed.  It was the same size as the seat on the cart so I washed it, secured it to the lid with a bungy cord and now it provides a comfy topping.  Those hard plastic lids aren't great for long-term sitting.  Enjoy the curry.

Lindybird: Has your OH considered a hearing aid or is that just for old people who are hard of hearing?  :-)

• Its been quite wet here, which has been bad news for a Street Party nearby, which we were invited to but decided not to attend. Also a Summer Fete in a village where my sis in law has a grandchild taking part. I've been lazing on the sofa and catching up on some TV I recorded.

Heather, I hope that at the moment you're enjoying having your family visit. I like Diane's garden cart, and I also found a really nice two wheeled wheelbarrow, which makes it very stable - it also has a sort of pram handle. Its from Coopers of Stortford.

Dibnlib, glad to hear that you all had a good funeral for your Mum, and a good journey home. I hope you said "Hello!" to The Kelpies for me :-)
  • Annette, I think it's a combination of his hearing "not being what it used to be" plus selective hearing on his part, when his wife is speaking! I've no doubt that he'll be stubborn about needing a hearing aid once it becomes really necessary.....

(And yes, its for 'old people'!)

I seem to be thinking of my lost friend a lot, today. I suppose its just part of the mourning process.
  • Re garden carts, the only thing I wish mine had is steerable front wheels (they make them like that but I cant recall having seen any with a lid you can sit on). When I load mine up with bags of mulch it doesn't go around corners or curves as easily as when it's empty.

Lindybird: I know all about selective hearing - and selective memory. :-) Probably dibnlib's trip triggered thoughts of your dear friend.
  • Just lost a post - looks like I have totally lost my good intentions to reply to this thread, so will make a fresh start with the new one!