Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 June 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe week. 

I'm working on my freelance project, so I won't be posting for a little while, but I hope you all are well! 

dibnlib: You are in my thoughts, and I'm sending you strength. I'm so very sorry. 

• PS- just to be correct - there will be 12 of us here tomorrow, male and female. I could create a team of gardeners while I do the essential job of ordering the curries ;-)

• HEATHER: Oh right. Tapioca. I hated it so much I obviously blocked the name from my memory. :-) You clearly must organize your heavy-lifting activities to when the family comes. Here's a link to what I've got, except mine's green. www.acehardware.com/.../7115041
  • Thanks, ANNETTE, I'll look!
    LINDY - there are loads of pics on my PC but none recent. I think there must be a lot on my OH's computer which is still on his desk. He was the uploader. I must look.....
  • It says ' forbidden' ANNETTE, I tried looking up Ace Hardware separately but still doesn't want me to see :-( I'm using Kindle just now, maybe it will be OK on my desktop PC. Thanks, though!
  • I get "Forbidden' too. Rather blunt.

I like semolina, but agree that I'd rather have it with jam or some fruit, than just on its own.
  • Hi, all.

Here's the Amazon page for the garden cart that Annette recommended. Amazon is a more international company, so they probably won't declare you "forbidden." If you scroll down, you can see a lot of other comparable options, too. Not that I'm a fan of Amazon.

Hope you all are well.

www.amazon.com/.../B009QAO13M
  • Diane: Thanks for springing to the rescue re the garden cart. Why on earth would Ace Hardware consider overseas gardeners a threat. Maybe a lot of Russians have been buying them lately. :-)
  • OG – I feel for you having to decide “op or not to op”. I was relying on painkillers & putting off my 2nd knee replacement until I fell and, with so much damage, no choice. Now I don’t regret the op but I was scared. {{{HUGS}}}

Oh dear, LINDA & HEATHER. You are expecting photos? Our escape resulted in photos of churches, cemeteries, churches, gravestones, churches and not much scenery. I have found two pics. First a sundial to indicate, between 2 gum trees, the grave of an early settler, Helen Paterson nee McGregor, who died 1842 aged 28.

The second is the Mount Barker Catholic cemetery. Somewhere (I suspect where the pine trees are) was the site of the first Catholic church, replaced 1911 by a new church in the town.

The other “escape” pics are posted on my flickr site, or will be over next few weeks.

• However I did snap some corellas on the roof (& TV Antenna) at the end of our street.

• ANNETTE – re trees in Mount Barker. Once again it is not what you know but who you know to ask! Chauffeur Friend has sent the following from a “Main Street Strategy” report:-  "The existing avenue of Chinese elms in Gawler Street is one of the precinct’s greatest public realm assets. The trees contribute to the character and amenity of the Place, enclose the space and road with linked canopies, provide a dappled-light effect with their foliage and have an interesting spotted bark texture. They are much-loved by the community."