Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 May 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Good morning - lovely outside but poor OH is busy cleaning the wetroom before all the garden work saved up through the wetter weather. Sunshine looks set to last at least a week!

HEATHER - thinking of you!
    LINDA - enjoy relaxing on beach and country walks.
    EVERYONE - have a great weekend
  • Criccieth is lovely, Lindy. Went for childhood holidays there for at least a couple of years . Have been back and the cafe on the front is still there, always use to get a lovely coffee. Ice cream is good too. Went to the restaurant at the end of the beach whilst on holiday a few years back, wasn't too enamoured with it. Enjoy your break.

Weather here although cool is bright, sunny , with cloud and it promises to be better next week.
  • Me too, BJane. I live a fairly quiet life but it is always interesting to hear from you all and what you are getting up to.
  • LOL Annette. Just done dau's load today , must put it out as weather seems to be holding.

Dau gone to her gym and then into town to pick up D-in-L birthday present, she will be 60 in a fortnights time and we are going to her birthday bash at a local cocktail bar. Left hubby watching the 1day international between Pakistan and England.

• You couldn't have painted a more pastoral scene, Lindy. It always is good to see our good earth in the sunshine, lifts the spirits. Glad you got to Criccieth, and an ice cream , couldn't be better.
  • Morning all:  

Lindybird: It was my daughter visiting, not sister, but even I can't keep everyone straight these days. Your day out sounded idyllic - I could see the lambs, the bluebells, the blue sky and even the shells.  Can you believe I have little glass jar with pretty shells my granddaughter picked up on the beach some 23 years ago!

OG: Wow - now nice that the project is moving along so well and that the week ahead looks good for gardening.  I'm going to drill some new holes in the brick wall and rig up a trellis because one of the Lavender Starflower vines that has been poking along ever since I planted it has suddenly taken off.

Hallo to everyone else

The really good news from here (and you can tell how exciting my life is!) is that Ace Hardware is taking over the building previously occupied by Orchard Supply & Hardware, all stores of which were closed thanks to the stupid new Vice-President of Lowe's Home Improvement).  Our neighborhood website is all a-twitter now that "Coming Soon" signs have gone up and it's official.  

• Annette-When we were contemplating moving back to Iowa my OH came back first and raved about the house we eventually bought. My younger son sent me a letter and wrote "just thought that you might want to know that the house is only one city block from an Ace Hardware store and that's all Dad has been talking about". It has been my go-to store for years now.
  • Doh! Annette - I've just been back to look at my post, as I thought I'd put daughter, but my brain must be in holiday mood..... How nice to keep your jar of shells in memory of her visit. I'm glad I painted a picture of our day yesterday, as I didn't have the camera with me. The view of the coast, as we came over the brow of a hill will stay with me for a long time.

How exciting, I know that when we bought this caravan we were thrilled to find that there was a good, family run hardware shop in the town. Sadly, it was taken over by a chain but at least it's still there. (LOL, bjane!)

Lynette - my OH got the ice creams from the cafe painted blue at the end of the promenade. We did once have a lunch of, appropriately, Welsh Rarebit, there. It's such a lovely little town, very neat and colourful with flowers in tubs everywhere.

Today, we went into Caernarfon for food shopping and there was a Food Festival event on. We considered going, but there were so many people in the town we decided it might be rather crowded, so after a walk along the front, we left. This afternoon we were lazing on our deck when our next door neighbours came back, having been to the Festival, but they said it was all rather busy and very, very crowded, so we were glad we gave it a miss.

I've spent ages this afternoon searching for a bag with two net curtains in it, which I bought at the end of last year. Bonnie had damaged a curtain by jumping up at the window, and another curtain was suffering from wear and tear. We had long ago taken down the curtains at our large front windows. But today, I've had fun looking in every cupboard and under every bed for these new ones... Grr. They must be somewhere!
  • Able to use my own shower today - water actually runs away now (used to sit as a puddle until it was mopped up) and the floor is much more comfortable to the feet than those old tiles! Very pleased!