LOCH ARKAIG (c)The Woodland Trust - MAY 2019

Serene at this moment ;)

• I think Louis was turning the eggs as I looked in
    Settling down now Looks like he might be getting some shut-eye
  • That's just what I'm going to do, PATILY (get shut-eye), and I hope Aila will too.

SYAL :)
  • I checked Scrollback before checking the thread and did a video of the fish delivery around 06.35 ish... 

Now on checking the thread I see Scylla has already posted it, I should have known to check the thread first LOL.... 

Aila was away for about thirty minutes devouring her breakfish, Louis once again looked disappointed she hadn't left him any when she returned.  

My PC has become difficult to negotiate, so cannot upload the video to You Tube, (Scylla do you think MS doing updates in background cause this).....  

So over an hour later I eventually got it uploaded

HOPEFULLY THIS WILL SAVE YOU SOME TIME DOING THE VIDEO LATER ON SCYLLA

© THE WOODLAND TRUST, LOCH ARKAIG OSPREY PROJECT - POST CODE LOTTERY

• Headless fish delivery at approximately 12.26. Ian

• EVER-THOUGHTFUL MARY posted a fish-delivery video, with:

HOPEFULLY THIS WILL SAVE YOU SOME TIME DOING THE VIDEO LATER ON SCYLLA

Yes, thank you, MARY :-*  And I've even checked the thread before going off doing my own thing and disrespecting other members' efforts ;)

As for MS Updates - I've often noticed the system seizing up and then it turns out that an update was waiting to be installed.  However, I didn't think that "now" shoujld be a day when updates are pending, it should be the second Tuesday of the month - but if your PC wasn't on at that time, then they might have been trying to install today.

That's not gospel.

BTW, seeing as we're digressing - I understand that we should not go to "check for updates" and install anything that eventually appears, as it may not be optimised for our system - we should wait for Windows10 to make a nuisance of itself with an update.

Digression over.

I see that Aila appears to be incubating contentedly :-*

• Aila went flyabout and it was a minute or three before Louis flew in to take over. Now Aila is back, faffing while waiting for Louis to get up... kinda stepped on him backwards and now he's upped and flow'd, but Aila is still standing, looking up... back to eggs.

(I am delayed re catchup.)
  • scylla said:

Then she just had a fly (zip!) about, and seemed to come back refreshed, if a bit drunk ;)

Tipsy...who knows, but I do know, Aila was def one feather lighter on her return that time...

I wonder who will be the lucky finder?

• SKETCHY CATCHUP

The fish that IAN reported - can't get a better snap:

Shade to sun:

Louis's wings in:

Aila's wings out:

Aila got hailed on:

There was an alarm, they both flew off and were gone for 3-4 minutes - it was Louis who came back and incubated, still alert:

Another hail shower on Aila:

Small supper:

There'd been some precipitation, not sure what it was.  Aila looks beautiful anyway :)

Aila could hardly keep her eyes open but she did, mostly:

No major alerts overnight, just a wary poop:

Still tired, and does she have a frosty bottie?

I was going to say that she hadn't had a refreshing flyabout yet but she just did, and again looks more perky on her return :)

• Looks like Aila dozing in the sun which is lighting up her and the nest
  • Good Morning Scylla - Thanks for the pearls of wisdom re updates :-)

Also for the catch up too, Aila's fly around was funny, zoom this way, zoom that way, no wonder the sticky up feather disappeared.

Then the hail video, bless her, checking the eggs, then plop back down on them awww!

There has just been a fish delivery, good lad Louis

Aila nodding as reported by Patily :-)    Frosty tail, but better than snow!!!

Blurry Fish Delivery

Looks a good size

© THE WOODLAND TRUST, LOCH ARKAIG OSPREY PROJECT - POST CODE LOTTERY