• What vid, KAREN dear? ;-*

The fish caught my eye, I've been doing the morning get-goes in alpha order, am just starting on MB ;)

IMAGICAT

• This morning

There were changeovers but I got muddled so am leaving out most of my nightcam snaps.

Here are a few to show that the situation appeared normal:

Blue33 had a job getting himself in gear:

And here is a slideshow of what I hope is not a disaster for the egg (unedited video to follow, it's proving recalicitrant as to coverting/saving so will be a long while):

I have to break off for real life for a while, back asap :)

IMAGICAT

• Scylla said:    

What vid, KAREN dear? ;-*

Apologies Scylla, that was presumptuous of me :-)     When seeing dots and just one line entries I just assume more to follow! 

But, I will be more patient in future :-D

• 33 flew off, leaving the egg exposed at 09:42.    A few minutes later Maya returned but remains standing at the side of the nest with the fish in her talon

c - LRWT

• KAREN posted:

Yes, the fish was dumped straight into the nestcup.  That poor egg !!!  I can't help wondering if Blue33 has doubts about it, but he is incubating... I have not watched diligently enough in previous seasons to know if his behaviour is out of the ordinary today :-/

And now Maya has been standing on the fence for three-quarters of an hour - here's when she landed:

IMAGICAT

• Here is the clod-dumping.  It's nearly 20 minutes long, that's how long it took Maya to deal with it, stumble-by-stumble, pick-by-pick, it can be skipped thru but I thought we should have it in full (besides, I had enough trouble with it already ;) ).

IMAGICAT

• Yes, Scylla it was dumped and hopefully OK. In the past I have always thought of 33 as a bit clumsy. Many times we have held our breath watching him prance about the nest/over the eggs.

I notice Maya is still standing and was wondering if she remained on the nest/egg all night and incubating or delaying as she did one year.

I don't really understand this delaying incubating ...

Edit:  yes, one for the OCT!

• Maya is now eating her fish, still at the side.

IMAGICAT

• Maya has now finished, left the fish at the side and now hovering over the egg

a few minutes later after fiddling the nesting, finally down

cLRWT

and now back up again just standing over the egg and then backs up to the rim and has now flown off.     

• 33 has jumped down from the camperch, fiddles about for a few minutes and now incubates the egg

cLRWT