Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 March 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, happy week!

• OG: I'm so glad to read that you can now easily get into the side garden. That's wonderful. My Mom always loved Geraniums. Glad you can see them. Well done to Eagle-Eye for completing the cementing. Tell him I have some crème doughnuts that I'd share if I could.
  • ANNETTE - Isla is nine :-) I often forget that because she is quite petite!
  • Heather – Yes, I am enjoying the cooler weather, max low 20s, nights in mid-teens. Last night was the first I slept right through without waking til dawn.

Annette - I did enjoy Sunday’s trip. I spent Monday messing around with OH’s Doc appt, time deferred twice ‘cos Doc was delayed. Yesterday I collected my new reading glasses, version 2, so far so good, certainly better than v1. Driving glasses are a nuisance – I had to get clip-on sunglasses as most days are too bright & glary for me to drive. Does anyone have transition lens? OH had them some years ago and was not happy, but they say they are improved.

Nanny duty this pm. Part food shop this morn as I did fruit & veg on yesterday’s outing. Then I came home to make the first soup for the “winter”. I doubt you shall get any pics of last Sunday’s bus trip for a while as I must prepare for next weekend’s. Along Coorong, overnight Guichen Bay Motel, Kingston, also visiting Robe, Lucindale, Padthaway. Yes, I know I’ve been to these before but always something else to see.

• AQ - I have always had transition lenses and would not have any other kind. Love them!
  • Evening all:

AQ; So nice you have cooler temps and outings to look forward to.. I have transitions and I didn't have any problem getting used to them, though I gather some people are discombobulated at first. Mine have three "settings": close up (for reading), computer screen, and distance. The most recent frames I chose are smaller (in terms of depth, top to bottom) than previously and have a correspondingly narrow field for each setting, so I have to move my head more than before. It's not too onerous, but it's something I'll keep in mind next time I switch..... Have a good time next weekend.
  • Good Morning. A bit grey again, here. Tidying round as we are having a guest on Thursday night, a friend who is attending the funeral on Friday.

My OH will be busy at the allotment again, getting ready for the season.

Glad it's cooler temps for you, AQ.
  • DIANE - OH chose choc cake over a donut one day recently - but thanks for thinking of him!

AQ - we both have had transitions for some time now, and wouldn't change - I don't drive, but OH does. Enjoy the upcoming trip - good to get about again with the cooler autumn weather - like us with the warmer spring weather!

LINDA - tidying indoors and prep in the garden seem self-perpetuating - but good to "grow your own" (of course our garden is much smaller than your allotment!). I counted eight Goldfinches in the Willow yesterday, and there is also a pair of Siskin about. Wood-pigeons are nesting in tree over the road - a Metasequoia, I think.

Another delay on J's eye op - surgeon has left and having told him it would be definitely before the required (much delayed and revised) target date of 23 April, they now don't know when it will be! No compensation for missed targets - just another statistic!

We are definitely all going out for our lunch at Loch Arthur today - weather is good and tree-felling (for Larch disease) has finished on the direct route.
  • Transition lenses must have improved somewhat - the last ones that I had took ages to change back to 'normal' !! I have had varifocals for years but am thinking of just getting ordinary lenses and then a reading pair. I've done a check - I can read the prices of goods on the supermarket shelf with reading glasses.

AQ - Now you are happier, looking forward to more trips and sleeping better . I'm pleased :-)

OG - my back garden is still waiting for me. I'll start with the herb bed, which is nearest to the house, just to get me in the mood.... Sorry about another delay for J.
  • Bumping us up!
    Fed up today! I discovered that I had left a strip light on in one of the side attics - for two weeks...
    Got a letter from HMRC telling me I owed tax. Not a lot but annoying.
    Cooked salmon for lunch and didn't enjoy it.
    Oh well, things could be a lot worse.
  • Oh, poor you, Heather! -some days are like that, aren't they? A strip light doesn't usually use too much electricity, I think. I'm extra careful when we leave for home from Wales, as sometimes we might not return for six weeks! I'd hate to find I'd left a light on, I'm always fussing about it.

We've just booked for the same holiday we just had, for next year..... how boring we are! At least we must have enjoyed it. Just been out for milk & bread, who eats it all? My thoughts on wearing specs, later...