Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 March 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, happy week!

• Good Morning. A bright sunny start to the day once again. Into the town for some errands, and some emails need sending. I bit my own tongue last night, hard, so will rinse it with salt water today as it's still sore. Ergh.
  • Oh yuck Lindybird: If you're like me, you'll keep biting your tongue due to the swelling.

Heather: Raspberry and ice cream - yum!

OG: Hope M&S outing was good - aren't they closing down a bunch of their stores?

Kitchen floor is covered in piles of laundry in various persuasions, but am off out to Tai Chi..... I'm assuming they won't go anywhere..

Take care all

• ANNETTE - M&S are closing some stores, yes, but they are expanding food as that sells better than clothes and housewares! The one we go to is a "Food Hall" on the edge of Carlisle. They had everything on the list today, and I also popped into HobbyCraft for a few items for making cards - that was a night-mare as there were piles of stock in
    the way of driving the scooter round - would have been worse in the wheelchair as that is wider!

LINDA - sorry about the tongue - my lips and tongue were swollen when I had that cold, and I am still getting them in the way of my teeth - very scarred and sore, so I know how you feel.
  • Thanks, my tongue is recovering, OG. Wish we had a Hobby Craft near us. Mind you, I would spend far too much in there if we did!
    I love M&S Food halls.....

Put some tiny violas in my front garden tubs, to add some colour until the summer bedding goes in. Then dragged around some of the bigger tubs in the back garden, as some are lacking flowers but some have spring bulbs which need to be seen easily from the house. My OH wasn't available to help as he decided to wash both cars at once, so was splashing around in the front driveway and chatting to the neighbours as they passed by.
  • Have this instead -- pic of Amber eating a huge ice cream!

• Hi all, just been watching Blue Planet Live from last night, great programme. Annette, Chris Packham was coming from Scannan? Lagoon, Baya California, is that anywhere remotely near where you are. I know you said you volunteer to do whale counts. They were with a mother and baby grey whale - apparently they love to interact with people.

Lindybird, know what its like to bite your tongue, always doing it - I just leave it to heal on its own, no special treatment. Lovely pic of Bonnie and of Amber.

Like M&S food halls as well, we've not one too far away from us , its on an industrial estate outside Northampton central. Thought of getting a sweet from there for Mothering Sunday as having a meal at home this year with son and d-i-l coming over but decided to do my own.

Lovely springlike day if a little chilly but they say its going to warm up and then get a bit cooler by the weekend.
  • Lynette: Yes, it's Scammons Landing in Baja (pronounced Bahah with the accent on the first syllable) California, one of three sites the gray whales hang out and yes, they really do interact with visitors, but access is controlled so as not to disturb them too much.

Lindybird: Had to smile at Amber all wrapped up in a winter coat with a fur hat with an ice cream. Do you remember ever eating ice cream at any time other than summer when growing up? And you know ice cream is great for sore tongues? :-)

OG: Interesting about M&S. Not surprised that Food Halls are popular, but where are people buying their clothes these days?

Diane: Have hung the moth balls in what I think are strategically appropriate locations in the orange tree, but away from any leaves, etc., in the event of showers. Stay tuned. Oh and thank you for mentioning SKY TV; I watched the latest Brexit antics live in Parliament today. Wish the BBC weren't so territorial about showing stuff; don't like Rupert Murdoch.

Cannot tolerate the news today - shouting at the TV at every segment so finally left OH to wield the remote and fled to "my" room where I can hear birds in the garden. Ghastly personalities aside, there's so much noise on TV these days. Why is everyone shouting all the time? Grumble, grumble..... :-)
  • ANNETTE: I'm still not feeling 100%, so I watched the U.K. Parliament proceedings online all day today. It was a fascinating and historic day. You can watch Sky News TV live streaming on their website or on their YouTube site, too. I agree with you about Rupert Murdoch, and I looked for an alternative. Sky News live streams their content 24 hours per day, and I watch it a lot.

U.K. Channel 4 News also live streams Parliament proceedings often on their YouTube site, but they don't stream 24 hours per day. I watched them for quite a while today, because they had more raw coverage without commentary by their presenters.

LINDY: Those photos of Amber and of Bonnie were beautiful. Amber is growing so fast!