Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 March 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. The new moon (the dark moon) is 6 March in the UK and US, and 7 March in Adelaide, Australia. 

Speaking of Adelaide, I happened upon the Facebook page of ABC Adelaide (a safe, mainstream news site). I loved this VIDEO of a Lyrebird named Nova at the Adelaide Zoo. These birds can mimic anything. 

I also liked these photos on that site: 

Dragon Aurora over Iceland, taken by a Perth photographer

Dancing Tree in Myponga

I enjoyed looking at that site's posts. Adelaide is a beautiful city with wonderful street art.

Be safe and happy, all. 

• LYNETTE - that was indeed fast!

ANNETTE - shame about grandson but as you say, you and daughter will see him tomorrow.

LINDA has arrived safely in the Canary Islands and reports that the apartment is very nice.

Hope that everyone is well -
  • Thanks for letting us know that Lindybird arrived okay. Wonder which sandals she's wearing today.....:-)

I'm snagging a quiet moment before daughter awakes. She and OH are planning a trip to a neighborhood billiard/pool hall this afternoon as they both used to play years back. I shall cheer them on and take photos. We have an appointment with her skin doc up north tomorrow a.m. so we may see grandson for lunch near his place of work if he's too tired after last night's escapade to come down after work tonight. She's going back to Arizona at the crack of dawn Saturday. I've just realized I'll be driving out there next Thursday for Ms. D's birthday party. March is zooming by....

Sun is out so I may also be able to get some garden work done today. No rain in the 10-day forecast.

Take care all.
  • The question is How many different sandals is Linda wearing today. . . Nights have been wonderfully cool, with days not heating up so fast. I've managed to activate myself for overdue tasks. I had eye check as reading glasses needed updating. As I suspected I need driving glasses as well now. More unwelcome expense. Two weeks to first bus trip for year.

• I had my nice computer man come back today to recover all my data from old computer and put it on new one as well as installing my printer wifi. I was having trouble connecting until we changed the wifi dongle (came with new computer) and he did it without much trouble so all up and running, hey ho, one happy bunny.

Annette - hope all goes well.

AQ - at least you seem to be getting a little respite from the heat. Take it Linda has gone away.

As its late in the week not going to go through all your posts but am back and will be posting on and off
  • Back from playing pool with OH and daughter. I even had a shot at it myself and once I got the hang of how to hold the cue, managed to at least hit the ball a few times and even got a couple of balls in the pockets. We are off to Santa Maria tomorrow and will then meet grandson in Arroyo Grande for lunch.

AQ: Where are you off to on the trip? And where else are you headed this year?

LYNETTE: Nice you got yourself all hooked up. See you later....
  • ANNETTE - Central Adelaide Hills is a day trip – First stop Blakiston St James church 1846 – our visit may coincide with end of service & I hope to capture windows (only open for services once a fortnight now). Nairne (m/tea). Macclesfield (lunch). Echunga (founded as a Quaker village) & nearby former Jupiter goldfields, Meadows (Sir Douglas Mawson of Antarctic fame), returning to Hahndorf (kitsch touristy German town) for a/tea. I have been to all these places once or twice, or more, but I can always find other things to see & photo. Other trips desript sometime <grin>
  • AQ. - Sounds interesting to say the least! I look forward to your trip report and links etc. Thanks in advance. It has been a long hot summer for you, what relief to have cooler nights and the prospect of autumn.
    ANNETTE- beginner's luck? I tried it just the once......
    Enjoy your weekend. No rain forecast? I'm unsure whether that is good or bad for the garden but good for others, I'm guessing.
    OG - don't think you were here yesterday, hope you are OK.
    LYNETTE - you must be relieved, I would miss the internet so much. I've found that since I began living alone it is a lifeline.

It has been a quiet week here, high spot was getting the new radiator installed! However, my various offspring are keeping me occupied via the telephone! My son is struggling little in the shop, just the usual post Christmas poor trade. Middle daughter is having a few issues at work and youngest daughter has had a couple of domestic crises since her OH left for Egypt ( barely two days ago!) We had a laugh late last night - one of her cats brought a still alive fieldmouse into the house. It ran hither and thither for ages until she could rescue it and put it in a hopefully safe place in the garden. Meanwhile the cat was, very unhappily, kept away from the mouse.
  • Good morning! Dull but not raining – and warming up now after a light frost.

HEATHER – you were right! I didn’t appear yesterday – I had signed E-E out on my PC so he could sign in on his, and I couldn’t be bothered to sign in again. But don’t expect me every day and assume anything is wrong if I don’t appear! Thanks for news from Linda – so glad she likes the “new” apartment! Hope trade picks up soon for your Son – not a good time to be in retail, but he is in a niche market so hopefully business will pick up in the tourist season. Sorry your youngest is not having an easy time with OH away in Egypt – the mouse was probably a situation where he was most missed!

SUNNY KATE – thanks for trying to help, but I still got the same negative results. One day I may try changing my ID etc again, or just leave altogether and just OH’s sign in more permanently, maybe with a new joint name But thanks.

LYNETTE – as others have said, that was a very quick delivery of replacement machine – and now you have it fully installed, so well done that man! Linda set off last Wednesday as planned – for two weeks.

ANNETTE – sorry GSon couldn’t make it for dinner as planned – hope the new arrangement goes well and you have a lovely time with him tonight. Good for you, joining in the Pool – never too late to start!

AQ – pleased to see you are having more comfortable temperatures – especially at night. Sorry about the aging eyes! Good to be looking forward to bus trips soon!

Now need to make OH a birthday card while he is out at Tesco’s! All well here.
  • OG: Indeed; we can tell who our chattiest members are by how far down the list we fall in their absence.

AQ: You should probably get online to Wikipedia and let them know about the Quakers, the only history they give is that it was the location of a short-lived gold rush. Hahndorf looks very pretty. I imagine the countryside will look much like California after a hot dry summer.

Heather: No rain in forecast but with what we've had this year, the gardens will be in great shape for the summer. So the short term outlook is good.. Gosh, I wonder what we'd do with our lives without our families to keep our blood pumping. :-)

Long day today, but daughter now packed and ready for crack-of-dawn flight tomorrow. I shall spend the day tottering about like a zombie....

I see the SpaceX capsule that docked with the ISS has made it safely back to earth. :-)

Take care all