Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 February 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, safe week. 

--Diane

• Well, front garden finished and I can't fault his work. I'm stupidly sentimental though and keep thinking that I have destroyed OHs pride and joy.....
    Oh well, all will be fine in the end!
  • What were you saying about silver linings, HEATHER? I am sure he would not have wished you to take on tasks which you couldn't do - remember how it was when he worked hard on it, and enjoy it the way it is now! A second installment of the garden's story!

OG
  • You are right, OG and all will be fine. Lucy and I will go shopping for some planters/pots, whatever! Spring is coming and new challenges. Emilias christening will be on Saturday 9 th June. A joint christening with her cousin, in the church where son was married and his late mother in law was a choir member.
  • OG here!  HEATHER - I hope you and Lucy will enjoy choosing containers for the front garden.  Good that you have a date to look forward to for the christening - will Lucy fly down with you again?  Been a real reminder of spring here today - I did get a walk around outside - lovely fresh air, and warm with it.  I know we could still get some wintry days, but at least from now on there will be spring days among them.  The crocuses had been waiting half-open, but today there was enough warm sunshine for them to open properly!

• OG: Pretty crocuses! Good to hear you had a putter around the garden.

Heather: I'm sure your OH would be distressed to see you struggling to maintain the garden as it was - I know I wouldn't expect my poor OH to invest the same amount of time and energy as I do. Anyway, have fun shopping for the new layout.

AQ: Was chatting to a lady today from OZ (this in the middle of a heavy shower) and she was telling me how nice it was to land in San Francisco and see rain.

More rain here today and more due Sunday.

Have a good Saturday all.

• LINDY - enjoy Amber xx What happens when you try and access the site on your tablet?
    OG - Katie has been asked to be a godparent so it looks as if there will be a larger contingent travelling from here. We may well drive down.
    ANNETTE et al -- Such common sense from you all re the garden. Thank you!

I'm waiting for the two granddaughters, treats purchased (including fruit in case I get given the sack as a grandmother - they have a very healthy diet, unlike me....)
  • HEATHER - if you drive down, you must call in! I mean it - 2 loos available and coffee too - cheaper than Gretna services! Seriously, I mean it!
  • Good grief! It worked!!

I tried to access by "signing in" so that I could describe my problem, and lo and behold! - instead of saying "page not found" it let me post!
  • OG here. Maybe you should assume he is me unless he announces himself!

Had a good day tidying garden - pots etc around the deck - but lost some time when "Fix-It-Guy" failed to turn up with the promised quote after several phone contacts to give a time! He eventually turned up about 4:45 (so not quite the same as the original 1:30!) but without the quote as his printer wouldn't work. We shall probably book him for the outdoor jobs, but not for the bathrooms in case his time-keeping on the job is as bad as for appointments - can't face that indoors, especially tying up bathrooms!

So, LINDA, does that mean you now have access here on the tablet?