Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 February 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a peaceful, safe week. 

Happy Birthday to Annette! 

Rose art labeled "Public Domain," copyright free (click on "License" to verify)

• ANNETTE – I wonder if they could put mesh across the damaged slopes, as they do in road cuttings? Biodegradable mesh maybe.

Cool enough for some weeding, now for the ironing.

• AQ:  I know it's used on smaller unstable areas as well as for road cuttings, but not sure how it would work when thousands of acres are involved.    I see that Queensland has terrible flooding.....

• Good Morning. Cold and very still, here.  Shocking floods in Australia, feel sorry for those who've lost their possessions.

I'm off to get my troublesome tooth out this afternoon, but will be glad to get rid of it.

• OG here.

Good luck, LINDA - good to see you being so positive about the tooth.

Did I mention we had rain here yesterday - quite a lot at times.  Warm today - possibly dry.  Electrician is here fitting the water heater in the garage - found the old one had an internal leak - no wonder it blew everything!

A quiet day here - J just gone back for his first full day at work, OH will shop this afternoon.  I shall pootle about looking for things to do.  Must be something I can tidy and fling!

• Hello all - thank you DIANE and belated birthday wishes to ANNETTE!

Garden man couldn't make it today, snow and ice. Cars backed up and sliding in the higher reaches of town and quite a lot of schools closed.  I can look at the hedge for another day or so...

LINDY - will the tooth fairy visit you ?

OG - hope that J gets on alright at work, today. Miriam is looking ever more like you, a very pretty little girl. Lovely pics.

Housework day, here. Nothing exciting happening. Biggest thing will be to choose what to have for meals! 

• Surprised to hear there's still snow there, Heather.  We tend to think its all over, when ours goes.  Bright sunshine today and we've just been amused by the Long Tailed Tits and a trio of Goldfinches on our feeders.

Will be glad to get rid of the tooth because it became a nagging ache recently.  Obviously not going to improve, although the ABs helped a little. It's made me feel under the weather, together with aching knees in the cold we've been having.  Also, want to be healed up by the time we have our next holiday (March). Don't think the tooth fairy will visit someone so long in the tooth!

Was amused also by the thought that my appointment was made for two thirty -  "tooth hurty" in an old music hall type joke!! :-)

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Morning all.  Tail end of storm is still providing sudden downpours and blustery conditions, but they seem to last for only 10 minutes or so.  A bit like "April showers bring May flowers"

Lindybird:  "Tooth hurty."  :-)  Never heard of that.  It's 3:30 your time now, so all over and done with.  Hope it heals quickly.    

OG: Have you got a list of things to do once the ramp is installed and you'll be on the loose again? Also hope J's day went well.

• ANNETTE - isn't it unusual for you to have short showers rather than definite rain or dry?  Got a few things to do when ramp is installed, but any going out for pleasure will be weather-dependent!  J arrived home sounding and looking happy, but is busy making a phone call right now, so haven't had a chance to ask how the day went.  Because we get up in the morning anyway, we have agreed (my suggestion) his Dad should give him morning lifts so that he arrives on time - he and colleague sometimes make each other late!  But he has accepted a lift home from her this afternoon!

• OG: The photos of Miriam and Cyrus were wonderful. Beautiful children! I love their names. Thanks for reminding me about the Lunar New Year. I hope you will be able to attend church regularly soon. I know you need and enjoy that.
  • I still can't get on here via my tablet, so it will be intermittent from me for a while, I'm afraid. (This is written on my desktop) I used to pop in several times a day on my tablet but now can only use it to read what's been posted. It flatly refuses to recognise me, so now I know how OG feels!
    Annette, sorry your birthday dinner was disappointing. You were unlucky in picking that night, apparently. :-( Good idea to take some food home to finish later.
    Diane, I was pleased to hear that you will be busy! Hope its not too arduous, it's hard working to a short deadline.
    My Friend G saw a doctor yesterday and has had some advice and presciptions: she is in pain from her sciatic nerve which is partly because she is in bed for so much of the time, and inactive. Their dog is recovering and although not back to her usual bouncy self, is now eating well and looking better.