Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 January 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Don't miss the Total Lunar Eclipse on Sunday night/Monday morning. The moon will be especially close to earth, a so-called supermoon, so the eclipse should be a beautiful sight. Totality (the "blood" moon) begins at:

4:41 a.m. Monday morning in the U.K. 

11:41 p.m. Sunday night in the eastern U.S.

10:41 p.m. Sunday night in Iowa

8:41 p.m. Sunday night in California

Totality (the "blood" moon) will last 62 minutes. The duration of the entire eclipse from beginning to end is 5 hours, 12 minutes. The eclipse is visible in the U.K. and the U.S. Sorry, AQ, not in Australia. 

• bjane:  Gosh, that's one lucky cat.  Good for you.  Do you have someone to clear your driveway for you?  I feel cold just reading about it.  Take care.

Diane: I was wondering if you lost power at all. 

Lindybird: Glad you enjoyed the movie - I think I mentioned that my sister and BiL liked it too.

Heather:  What are you planning for your garden?  Let us know how eldest SiL is doing.

Lynette:  Your birthday flowers sound wonderful.  :-)

Take care all.

• bjane - I had to read your post twice. Snow? Here we had 40 C yesterday, 41 C today, expecting 45 C tomorrow. Then a cool (?) change will drop temp to 33 C on Friday.

• AQ -- We had snow yesterday, all day. It was just large flakes which didn't settle on the ground, but made it feel more wintery - its been pretty cold, too, it was minus 2 degrees last night.

Good Morning. I'm looking at the calendar to see how many days are left of January. See above cold comments!

• Good morning!

Some snow here but not much, less than an inch. Sun showing now, a lovely blue sky and temp about minus 1. I'm going to Elgin today, lunch with youngest daughter and shopping afterwards.

The garden will be removed and replaced with a central feature ( there is an existing sort of urn which will be retained) and the rest a mixture of sandstone slabs and coloured stones.

• Heather:  The new garden sounds very low-maintenance - good for you.  I'm going to have to do some digging (literally) to find out why the irrigation along the parkway has sprung a variety of leaks.  

• A chilly day here, but I wrapped up again and went to get some food for a couple of days. Came home victorious as I'd bought lots of meat offers, but then I found I'd put so much of it in the freezer that I wasn't sure what we were going to have for dinner, LOL!  In the end we had some ready made meatballs and pasta which in my head was destined for tomorrow. Think we'll have to have cauliflower cheese then, instead!

I'm not a very organised housewife, I just buy what appeals, then decide how I'm going to cook it and when, later.

Spoke to my Friend G and she has had a pleasant few days, and is managing some food now which she didn't fancy before. I'm going to visit her tomorrow.

• I'm the same LINDY. I buy enough food and then decide when to eat it. I'm happy to read that G is feeling better.

ANNETTE - Don't dig too deep, who knows what you might find.... It probably has teeth...

I've heard everything now. The wonders of the world wide web. My son in law (youngest one) who is working in Egypt at present, ordered and paid for a Chinese meal to be delivered to my daughter and the girls, in Elgin, last night. Daughter wasn't decided on what to cook, so as a treat he organised the delivery from their favourite takeaway in Elgin. I am just such a dinosaur.

• LOL!!  - - it's amazing, Heather.  Our new tv box thingy says that if I get an app for it on my tablet, I can tell it to record things even when away from home. Not sure if I'd cope with that!

• Hi all,

Been a cold frosty day with sunshine and a sprinkling of snow.

Heather - Garden makeover sounds good, at least it will make like a little easier for you. Your S-in-L should feel a whole lot better when its gone, my OH had his done years ago and felt better almost straight away (after he'd recovered from the op).

Bjane - At least we don't get snow as deep as you have.  Stay warm and safe.

Lindybird - try and plan my shopping weekly when I do an online shop but doesn't always go to plan

AQ - still having the high temperatures, hope it cools down a bit for you soon.

• Diane: I was wondering if you lost power at all. 

Annette: The power went off briefly a couple of times during last weekend's ice storm. bjane got the snow, and I got the ice.

Heather: I hope your son-in-law recovers well. 

bjane: Well done for taking care of the feral kitty. Stay warm.