Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 January 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Don't miss the Total Lunar Eclipse on Sunday night/Monday morning. The moon will be especially close to earth, a so-called supermoon, so the eclipse should be a beautiful sight. Totality (the "blood" moon) begins at:

4:41 a.m. Monday morning in the U.K. 

11:41 p.m. Sunday night in the eastern U.S.

10:41 p.m. Sunday night in Iowa

8:41 p.m. Sunday night in California

Totality (the "blood" moon) will last 62 minutes. The duration of the entire eclipse from beginning to end is 5 hours, 12 minutes. The eclipse is visible in the U.K. and the U.S. Sorry, AQ, not in Australia. 

• Diane: Thank YOU for the info about the eclipse, especially the times.  My OH was talking about it today and I just got online to see what and when.

Just one more rose bush to prune back, but how did everything grow so much in the last few weeks!?

Have a good week everyone.

• Annette: HERE is good info/times for your immediate area. Glad you saw the ULA launch. I left you a post on the last thread before I started the new one. 

Hello to everyone. 

• ANNETTE – You wrote “what do you guys call those grassy areas between the sidewalk and the street?

The verge. The local council actually owns the footpath and the grassy bits either side of it, but the house owners tend the grassy bits (or not!). Many suburbs, including ours, don’t have front fences. I took Mr Yellow Man for a walk down “your” Valdez St. Wheelie bins, hedges, palm trees, hills in background; it could be here, except the cars were parked the wrong side of street. <grin>

LYNETTE – Interesting church mural, modern clothing. I wonder if the figures were modelled on those in the congregation.

DIANE – Thanks for starting us off. I don’t think ours will be a wonderful week with temp rising to 42 C by Thurs. I’ll send you some heat.

• Good Morning, and Happy New Week, everyone. Many thanks to Diane for starting us off, and for info on the exciting blood moon which is coming. I hope you're well dug into a warm nest, Diane, with the weather you're enduring.

• Thank you, DIANE - we have had clear skies today so may be lucky tonight!

I've spent a very quiet day here at home, made a casserole and now not hungry as I had a salad at lunch time! Never mind, I always think these things taste better on the second day so look forward to having some tomorrow.

Best regards to all -

• Well done on providing for your future meals, Heather.  I do hope that you ate a little something, though.  We have done the opposite, we went for a brisk walk around a lake (Bonnie went into the water again and came out a rather strange colour, dripping wet!) and afterwards we treated ourselves to a warming meal in a garden centre nearby:  we both ordered cheese, onion & potato pie, and when it arrived, it was on a plate as big as a tray, with a huge pile of hot and luscious chips!  One of our meals would easily have been enough for both of us, had we known!  However, we greedily ate most of it.  No pudding!

• AQ; Geez.  If I'd known you were so close, I'd have put on the kettle to make a cup of tea.  You were just one block over from us.  Our verges/parkways are also cared for (or not) by the owners but, like yours, owned by the city as far as I can tell.  At least, the city takes care of trees in those areas.  Not only do people here park on the wrong side of the street - they drive on it too!  :-))

Heather:  I agree that casseroles are always tastier the day after.  Maybe all that flavor has had time to soak in properly.

I wonder how it is that EE had no problem on the site, but OG does. 

Went to the gym this morning, then home to prune the last rose.  There's a slight chance of rain this evening, though the sky is supposed to clear later.  The darkest part of our lunar eclipse is 10.10pm, so I'll be popping out before then to see how things look. Thanks Diane for that link.

• High all.   Hope to get up around 4am to see the total eclipse - of course providing our skies are clear.

Thank you Diane for starting us off on a new week.   Thanks for info re the eclipse too.

Hi Annette , well done you.   We have stopped our membership as it has gone up and we find with everything else , its a little on the high side for us so am giving the gym a miss but miss my swimming. Dau goes to a gym in the town which is cheaper but have to persuade hubby!!

AQ - don't envy you with that heat, just hope it doesn't cause any fires like last time. Try and stay cool.

Love doing casseroles, and yes, they are more tasty the next day if any left over.

• Alarm set... OH decided to escape to another room as work tomorrow Rofl

• Just one or two more pics of our cruise Azura in port in Antigua   this was one of the borders on St. Maarten (French and Dutch) Hydrangeas all up the verges (national flower of the Azores) you can see how wet it was.     sailing into the Caribbean - sunrise   zoomed in for this one - Montserrat, volcano still very active